Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rules of webhosting and your concern
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
Dark Hedgehog
Everyone has a dream of something.
Most of us want to make a business, some want a community or a dating site.
Doesn't matter what it is really.

I have been through numerous hosts, and webmastering for like 12 years now, this being my 13'th year almost.

I would like to say that NO hoster is PERFECT.
You see advertisements that falsely say things and its something else, yet its half the truth.
However, I know PLENTY of hosters that use this method and get sick of it and turn away from them.
People usually complain that the hosters do not meet their requirements though.
And like other people, you complain, moan and say things about it out of anger.
Rather, you should move to a different host if you are not satisfied with the hosting.
I know plenty of people who complain and say they are not getting what they want.

GROW UP!
We aren't little kids whining to our mommies because something isn't right.
Or maybe our little brick just fell off and we are asking for our mom's to put it back up.
I swear, a whole lot of people have gotten out of hand and think they control the entire world just because they have a site and it means everything to them.

People just come and go, they ask for something, if its available, and start shouting at the hosters for not having it and try to insult by saying they will move to another host.
Um, we don't need to know that, just move on, noone wants to hear someone cry over spilt milk now, do we?

It annoys me some people, no, not just because there have been a few people complaining, but I see it "everywhere" on the internet now.
Everyone whines like little babies because they don't get something right, or they go somewhere and say a place ######s because it is not giving one thing they are looking for and say how crappy it is when its really good.

I think we need to have a little more respect for eachother than what's already invovled.

Don't believe me? Take a look at the number of people that have already shouted at the Hostony hosters.
I think I have, but I can say I am sorry.

But we need to grow up people, we aren't babies anymore, act more like adults and handle things yourselfs or go bang your head against a wall, noone wants to hear about a problem over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....see how annoying it is?
That's exactly how it would sound like if you were to keep going.

So as I say, just leave everyone alone, and wait patiently, don't go assuming you will get everything you want.

Tip:

Read the hosting carefully, don't give excuses you cannot read or you didn't know that.
You sign a contract that you didn't read because you cared less and your house is taken away, read the rules buddy. It was your own fault for caring less.

Take a look at solutions, tickets, operators and everything available on the site, if not, find something else to do in the mean-time.
Its not like computers are the source for everything.

end of tip-

What needs to happen is people to stop complaining and start thinking.
We don't want hate in this world nor people complaining because something happens 1 second and they go nuts.

Here is a made up example, but its true:

"WHY IS MY SITE DOWN!? I HAVE A SITE UP AND NOW ITS DOWN!!!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR YOUR HORRIBLE SRVICE AND YOU NEED TO THINK TWICE ABOUT YOUR STUPID HOSTING! EITHER PAY ME BACK OR I AM LEAVING! AND I WANT ANSWERS NOW!!!!!!!!!"

Do people even realize how STUPID that sounds?

I rest my case.

~Dark Hedgehog
Danimal
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Aug 17 2004, 04:49 AM)
"WHY IS MY SITE DOWN!?  I HAVE A SITE UP AND NOW ITS DOWN!!!!!  I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR YOUR HORRIBLE SRVICE AND YOU NEED TO THINK TWICE ABOUT YOUR STUPID HOSTING!  EITHER PAY ME BACK OR I AM LEAVING!  AND I WANT ANSWERS NOW!!!!!!!!!"

Seems I've seen that before. Oh yeah, it in the Support forum three thousand times. I always like the fact that there's nineteen posts, all from people on the same server, none of whom bothered to check the other threads or the News forum to see the answer to their question in the first place.

Do people even realize how STUPID that sounds?

No. No they don't.

Nice post, Dark Hedgehog. smile.gif
Dark Hedgehog
Hehehe.
I try to make a difference :P

I just think people are getting "worse' than "me" today.
Seriously, and that's "bad."

I can't even remember what I had for dinner lastnight oO;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here