Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble connecting to smtp server
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
snorkelface
I'm near completion of my ecommerce site and one of the features is email activation for users.

Over the past several days, while my tester are testing the registration/email activation system, we get this error message quit often and no mail goes out.

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:25 in /usr/lib/php/Net/Socket.php on line 108

When I look in the Socket.php file on my system, it shows that it's trying to open a socket to the smtp server.

Most of the time my testers report that it is working, but when it doesn't work, with that error, we usually have to wait 3 to 4 hours before it starts working again.

I've submitted several tickets to tech support, but I don't believe it's their job to configure, setup and maintain the mail servers. I believe this problem needs to be addressed at a much higher lever.

Any ideas? I can't have customers running into this as often as we have.

Should I go back to using the simple php mail() function instead of recommended smtp stuff?

I'm open for any ideas or comments.
Alec
We are working on your problem. Is it something concerning our local firewall and we'll keep you informed about the problem status
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here