Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrade for IPB?
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
Dark Hedgehog
Just letting you, Hostony, know that IPB 2.0.0 PF2 is out.
It includes an upgrade too.
marcgo15
I think the main problem is the new license, you have to pay money if you plan to keep running it for good. You can upgrade without cpanel, just be sure you backup that database wink.gif.

Note: If you used cpanel to install it you wont know the password so just look in conf_global.php and it has all that info.
Vanya
thanks
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(marcgo15 @ Aug 13 2004, 06:27 AM)
I think the main problem is the new license, you have to pay money if you plan to keep running it for good. You can upgrade without cpanel, just be sure you backup that database wink.gif.

Note: If you used cpanel to install it you wont know the password so just look in conf_global.php and it has all that info.

I downloaded 1.3 off their site and pf2 from their site as well and upgraded 1.3 to pf2 and I never paid oo;

Though it say's I am un-registered, I don't mind that actually.
marcgo15
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Aug 13 2004, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE(marcgo15 @ Aug 13 2004, 06:27 AM)

Note: If you used cpanel to install it you wont know the password so just look in  conf_global.php and it has all that info.

I downloaded 1.3 off their site and pf2 from their site as well and upgraded 1.3 to pf2 and I never paid oo;

Though it say's I am un-registered, I don't mind that actually.

This came in IPB 2.0, you don't have to pay untill you know your going to keep it and have the money to pay for it wink.gif. So in a way you don't have to pay, its not going to stop working if you don't.
Webslave
I think that's still a Beta Version. I wouldn't upgrade.
Dark Hedgehog
Just as it say's in their forum:

"pf2 is very stable but with minor bug fixies, making pf2 the most stable one"

Doesn't say that word for word, but its what I remember.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here