Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Search Engines
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
steveocn
Can any one recommend a good search engine submission site. You can only go so far with the free ones and I am looking to take the next step and pay (ouch) sad.gif for it. Thanks
Danimal
It may be a pain, but it seems it would be better to actually go to the various search engines and submit your site rather than pay for a submission service.

I know that once I submitted to Yahoo that the other search engines found me as well (something with those spider robots).
artrocity
He's so right. I would never paid for submission to the SEs.
Do what Danimal said and wait it out.

Aug stats so far:
artrocity.com
Googlebot (Google) 14480+39 294.06 MB 06 Aug 2004 - 10:44
discountshoppingoutlet.com
Jeeves 209948 4.63 GB 06 Aug 2004 - 10:59
Googlebot (Google) 23578 624.27 MB 06 Aug 2004 - 10:41
Inktomi Slurp 91 499.00 KB 06 Aug 2004 - 10:44

as example...You'll be begging for them to stop spidering your site before too long.
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif
2ltrlg
steveocn,
You could also try Submit Express. They are free, and will submit your site to many top engines. It may take a while (a few months even) to see results, but its FREE.

A brief list of the search sites they submit to can be found here.

They also have ~ $25 service and an search optimization tool as well if you still wnat to pay. rolleyes.gif Its worth a look ...
steveocn
Thanks for the info.
Steveocn
airbernard
Dont mind me while I jump in a lil late. but what about search engine placement? is that something to spend money on? thanks for any tips.
Webslave
I'm a search engine PRO. I would advise you:

1. Don't pay anything for searchengine submission!!!
Only pay for advertising, pay per click for e.g.

2. You donnot need to submit at all, there are thousand of link lists and engines but nobody uses them. Spiders don't spider most of these lists, you won't get found. It might even harm your ranking.

3. Concentrate on the main ones. Google, Yahoo, MSN etc.

4. How to get in there ?

5. Get a few backlinks from quality sites. PR4 and above.
Use Keywords, and ask politely the webmaster of the top ranking site for a link exchange for e.g.

6. After that, all big engines will find you.

The method above is one which works best, a bit time consuming but you decide. But don't pay, it's not worth it - pay only if someone will apply the technique applied above.
airbernard
Thanks you! Well worth any time it will take. another question what is a PR4 site?, obviously some sort of quality ranking, but I have no idea what it is.

thanks again!!
anticybr
QUOTE(airbernard @ Aug 16 2004, 06:41 AM)
Thanks you! Well worth any time it will take. another question what is a PR4 site?, obviously some sort of quality ranking, but I have no idea what it is.

thanks again!!

PR4 is an abbreviation for a Page Rank of 4 on Google. A PR of 10 is the holy grail of search-engine listing. Basically, it's a measure of how "relevant" Google thinks your site is. (Mostly it's a measure of how many other pages link to your site.)

If you add the Google Toolbar to your web browser, it has a little function to show you the PR of any page you happen to be looking at (if you don't mind Google watching what pages you are viewing).
bgp1
SUbmit your site to the Open Directory. dmoz.org . Once this search engine includes your site, large SEs like Google and Yahoo and AOL use this data and refresh it about every 3 months or so. Before long you will be all over the place.
Webslave
But it might take very long to get included into DMOZ - months and months.
It also depends in which category you are applying and if your content is purely original. If you got loads of advertising and affiliate links you will not get included. Also if you use cobranded stuff.

I wouldn't advise you to pay for the popular directory yah**!
mysteryminds
I would sincerely suggest submitting the sites directly to big SE's liks google and Yahoo and rest will follow.

Think Yahoo and Google are very slow these days due to algorythm changes with their slurps and bots. Wonder whats new going to happen with new kinda algorythms
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here