Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question about email accounts
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
ChrisP
OK, I have my main account (chrispysworld.com) that also has an addon domain (chrispysphotoworld.com).
For the last couple of days or so, My catchall email account (the one that gets all mail not asigned to an address) has recieved a couple of emails from mailer daemons saying that emails sent from user1@chrispysphotoworld.com can not be sent. Then I recieve an email to user1@chrispysphotoworld.com with an attachment telling me to open it, etc.
I use Netscape Mail which deletes the messages from the server when I check my mail so they are no longer on your servers, and I also know that someone is hacking into my email. but my question is, is it possible to completely turn off the email for the addon domain? I don't use or need any email addresses for the chrispysphotoworld.com URL.

Thanks,
Chris
ChrisP
Hello, anyone home?
I know this may not be that important to you, but could someone at least respond?
Alexandre
You can redirect all mail for that addon domain to blackhole.

Setting your default e-mail address

Any e-mail that is sent to an unknown account at your domain name, such as unknown@yourdomain.com, gets automatically rerouted to your default e-mail account. All web site accounts are automatically assigned a default e-mail address - user@yourdomain.com - which you can change, if required.

To set your default e-mail address:

1.  Click on the Default Address link in the Mail area.
  2.  Click on the Set Default Address link.
  3.  Enter the complete e-mail address of the new default in the field next to your web site name drop-down list.
      Note: You can enter :blackhole: to throw away all incoming mail, or :fail: no such address here to bounce the e-mail back to the sender.
  4.    Click on the Change button. Your new default e-mail address has now been set.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here