Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weak passwords automatic reset.
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Serge
Weak passwords automatic reset.

During couple last days we experienced several attacks to our servers. They were not successful, but in order to prevent hacks of the servers we’ll be resetting all users weak passwords on all our servers.
New passwords will be emailed to the emails we have on file.

Now about what is considered to be not a weak password.

1. Password should contain at least 8 letters and digits.
2. Password should consist from letters AND digits.
3. Password should not be a dictionary word.
4. Password should not be a commonly used like ‘qwerty’, ‘qwerty124’,’test123’, ‘aa123’, etc.

Please avoid setting up weak password even when it is a test account or study account, etc. Even if your data is not vital for you such an account with a weak password can be a good backdoor for the hacker.

Thank you all for understanding and cooperation in attempt to keep our servers more secure.
Dark Hedgehog
I guess I am going to have to write it down then.
Transverse Styles
Serge,

Do you know how we find out our E-Mail you have on file?

I have a master E-Mail in my CPanel; is this the E-Mail you are referring to?

Thanks.
Vanya
It's your initial e-mail you've registered with.
Transverse Styles
do you know how I can change that?

My initial E-Mail is no longer available.

Thanks.
romangs
My initial email does not exist any more too. I updated my email address in CP (Helm). Would it be sufficient?

p.s. changed all my passwords to 12 char. long lEtTeRs aNd digits. Thanks to RoboForm for helping me doing it :-) Thanks to Hostony for keeping an eye on the network and our accounts.
Vanya
You can request to change it to support@hostony.com and also change it from cpanel.
Henry
New passwords will be emailed to the emails we have on file.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if people have their Hostony hosted email addresses "on file", then they won't get the new passwords you email them for obvious reasons!
Alexandre
It means passwords to cpanel.
Dark Hedgehog
I still don't see why people attack...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here