Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Problem Thread
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Henry
I'm so sick and tired of the pathetic responses I get to my support tickets, I'm starting a thread to log future problems. I'm cross posting the reply to my last support issue in the - perhaps misguided - hope that someone senior at Hostony will take notice.

At the very least, perhaps it will serve as a warning to those considering purchasing hosting from this company. Fortunately I don't host all my sites here, and if things don't improve soon I wont be keeping any of them here.

---

If you read what I had written instead of churning out your same old excuses, you would see that I reopened this support ticket nearly a WEEK AGO, I added to it today after waiting SIX DAYS for any response. I did NOT say my site was down at that particular time, but that it is regularly down on a daily basis.

I have no need to contact my ISP, my sites hosted with HOSTONY are the ONLY sites that I have problems with. I receive numerous complaints from users of my sites saying they also have trouble with them. When my sites are down, I ALWAYS check them from another PC on another internet connection before contacting Hostony.

The numerous complaints in your support forum would suggest I am not the only person experiencing these problems. I would like an explanation as to what you are doing to resolve these ongoing issues.
Stanly
I need the exact description of the problem.
If you will provide me with it I'll answer to your questions.
Henry
The exact nature of the problem, as described in many previous support tickets, is that my sites go down on average at least once a day.

Unfortunately because it takes anyone at Hostony so long to respond (six days to my last ticket, and then only after I prompted), that you look at the site and of course it's back up by then, thus you answer with standard reply number 1 - "It looks ok to me". Sometimes, like yesterday, you use standard reply number 2 - "You must have a problem with your ISP", which as I have described is clearly not the case. Very occasionally, if you can't get away with denying you have a problem at your end, you have to use standard reply number 3 - "We had to reboot, it's ok now". Of course, standard reply number 3 is never accompanied by any explanation as to why you had to reboot, or what steps you are taking to ensure that the problem that caused the reboot is rectified once and for all.

Anyway, fingers crossed everything appears to be working this morning, so I'll post next time there's a problem.

For the record, I see that AWStats is back to it's old trick of updating later and later every day - yesterday (or rather, this morning), it updated nine hours later than the previous day. I've already explained the problems this causes so wont go into that again - last time you tried to fix this one it stopped working altogether so I'll have to accept "better late than never".
Henry
All my sites down. As usual, I have tried accessing form other PCs, on other ISPs, even located in other countries. Only my hostony sites are down, I can get to anything else I try.
phobos
What is your domain name?
To receive fast support at HelpDesk i recommend you to don't reopen your old trouble tickets and open new one instead.
Henry
I added to my old helpdesk support ticked because I'm still waiting for a satisfactory answer to the questions I raised in it.

You have the domain name in the ticket.
Henry
Down over 2 hours now, any update?
Henry
Now down over 4 hours. Looks like it came back for a couple of minutes and some emails got through, but straight back down again and down ever since. Any news? Is anybody going to tell us what's going on??
Alec
Server 21 is compromised and there are many files infected.
We are going to replace HDD drives and re-install the system. Your data won't be lost so your home directories are on another hard drive.

Look http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=2341&hl for updates
Henry
Well after yesterdays fun and games, I'm back to the usual no AWStatus update problem.
Vanya
What is your domain name?
dwalker
My server seems to have a problem with ASP. I've put in several tickets this past month each time my reseller site has gone down.

Right now...my site has been down for over 45 minutes. I put in a ticket 30 minutes ago.

rentawebguy.com

Any help would be appreciated. Is this on server 21?
Alec
rentawebguy.com is working now.
We had some problem with asps running on the server
Sorry for the inconveniences.
dwalker
1 hour has past and still all 17 of my sites are down.

My customers are breathing down my neck....
dwalker
Thank You
Henry
AWStats not updated for more than 36 hours - again. We're back to this being a daily occurance. URL is in the support ticket, as usual, before you ask.
Vanya
Check it now.
We should clear your logs to prevent this problem. It's too big right now.
Henry
Great, so now I have stats but you've DELETED all my stats for previous months! How am I supposed to be able to compare stats from month to month now that you have deleted my data? This place is a joke.
Vanya
I didn't delete your logs for now.
Your old stats for awstats might has been removed by awstats update script.
Henry
Well, either way, they're gone. Not impressed. Just another in a seemingly never ending list of problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here