Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Addon/Parked Domain Question
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Danimal
I did a search for this on the board but couldn't quite find the answer to it. Is it possible to have a parked domain point to the folder of an addon domain?

In other words, I have domainA.com as my main domain. Now I set up domainB.com as an addon domain but also want domainB.net to be a parked domain pointing to domainB.com... NOT my main domain. It seems this should be possible, perhaps even through CPanel, but I couldn't see where.

Or if this "parked to addon" feature is NOT possible, could I just set up an addon domain for domainB.net and have it redirect to the folder for domainB.com? That would work, yes?

Any help is greatly appreciated. smile.gif
keitaro
cpanel has shabby addon/parked domain support... including the fact of offering subdomains for addon domains, but then not working. (if anyone ever had this problem its a cpanel bug not a problem with Hostony, altho cPanel may have fixed this, I dont know, I have Profi)

as for your question, it could be done techincally, but i wont say how coz the said method could also be used to get around the addon domain limit, therefore im not saying it. Your redirect idea would work. Make it an addon domain then redirect to the other domain.
Danimal
Thanks, keitaro, that's kind of what I thought.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here