Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Omg, okay down again 3-4 times in last week
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
narc
Okay well, this has been a ongoing problem and now my email box is full of people complaing of there site going down. Or cpannel down (this happens alot). Usally between 5-60 min downtimes but many of them. Then maybe 3-7 min lag spikes 1-2 times a day.

here is my old post, please re-go over my situation i request my money back this has been hell for me. You guys have a 99% uptime promis whitch has not been keept. Im not trying to "sneeeze" my way into free money but this is pathetic and im pulling my hair out here..

Okay, my server has been down almost daily, sometimes more then once a day for the last 3 weeks. The servers has massive lag spikes for 10 minutes here and there. You guys promised 99% uptime. Well I promise you, if you look at your server logs my website would of not been up nearly 95% of the time.

www.wow-secrets.com is main domain
most popular is www.praetorian-guards.com

Please respond ASAP or ill be contacting Hostony viva phone if this dose not work. If we cannot fix this problem, I'll be forced be contacting my lawyer. Sorry to bring it to this but damn this is unacceptable for my servers. I run business and I've lost more money then gained now with all the refunds I have had to give out, especially with all my emails deleted out of no where, and so many other bugs on the server.

Thank you
-Narc.
mavisdeath
I hope your not screwing up something... ph34r.gif
Stanly
Please give me some example of site that is down and I'll check.
narc
www.praetorian-guards.com is where i see the problem most, lag spike just 2 min ago, where the site didnt load for 2 min, and when it did half the stuff didnt load. When refreshing it worked (happend for 2 other confermed people)

the server is www.wow-secrets.com thx.
Stanly
As I can see wow-secrets.com and praetorian-guards.com are accessible so I can't see the problem.
Would you please tell me what is the problem exact?
narc
Please stop giving me the run around?

Been LONG slow loads, and downtimes usally once or two times a day (even if the downtime is for 5-10 min). There are "lag" spikes whitch makes the server take up to 5 min to load a page (whitch have the time dosnt load right). And no, as you said befor its not just me. And please dont post with a bunch of random numbers that i wont understand like you did befor sad.gif
narc
WOOT just went down now.. people said its been down for a while sad.gif
Alec
I guess you have an unstable connection to the server. We can transfer your account to the server located in another datacenter. If you agree just request it our help desk system
narc
Alec what would this do? And are you useing false avertisement now? This is not a good bissness practice. You said 99% uptime, well my site has not be up 99% of the time. So, what are you going to do? There has to be laws somewhere whitch states info put on a site must be upheld? This is like stores putting price of a can of coke to 50c when you go to the counter its a 1$, this is why they have laws against that.

Yes i might consiter server change but i dont belive this will help bring up the 99% uptime.

BTW the site is down again right now smile.gif Thanks hostony!
Stanly
99% uptime is maximum 3 days of downtime per year.
I don't think your site was down for more then 3 days smile.gif

So there is no false advertisment.
narc
I concure, its been down ALOT more, including the 5 day downtime when server was changed up. Plus around at least 40 hours of regular downtime to upgrade servers on your part + all the other daily downtimes i get.

I could think been almost a year now and its been down probly 7 full days.
narc
down yeserday for 3 hours 30 min, down this morning for 1-2 hours. GJ hostony now stop BS'ing me.
narc
down againr ight now, 5 min and counting and was down last night GJ hostony for lieing to me about 99% uptime sad.gif
kingtaco
Down again too.
Following errors.
Was also down last night

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 5

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php:4) in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 7

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php:4) in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 7
Alexandre
It was an automatical restart of mysql service.
Thank you for patience.
narc
mysql down now.. GJ smile.gif
Dark Hedgehog
Hostony, or the admin, I think the point of what they are "trying" to get to you is that you aren't really doing your job or your management may be great, but, your downtime is not acceptable to them.

If they "requested" their money back, you shouldn't ask why, just let them do it or ask them if they are sure.

I mean heck, if I wanted to switch to another internet service and my current ip asked me "why" I wanted to switch just to get me to keep going, that would be invasion of privacy if I didn't want to let them know.

And examples, I can see the reason for that, but, asking why as a method of "you either tell me or no way" is kind of harsh and rude.

But I think the point is they are angry because of the downtime on their sites when you advertize 99% uptime.

And I have to agree, I see a lot of people complaining about downtimes when I come here or come back for a bit.

I have downtimes too, and sometimes it lasts for like five or ten minutes and then goes back up, and its quite constant.

So I think you should "explain" the reasons rather than saying its back up and not question others about why they want their money back.
kingtaco
Why does MySQL automatically restart?

What's the purpose of that?
Vanya
To prevent server overload because of mysql flood.
We often need to catch flooding client's sripts to prevent mysql downtimes.
narc
So why am i being punished with downtimes DAILY! Okay now its EVERY DAY 3-4 times a day i get a new post about the downtime on my website. Its all because of a few people running crazy scripts? Well bann those people i want compisation for what you promised my 99% uptime whitch HAS NOT even been close to true. Wheres the proof from you guys that it hasnt, because my 200 daily visitors think diffently.
narc
down again, MYSQL error that makes 4 time today over 5 min smile.gif
narc
k heres something i started 1 month ago, now it checks my server if its down EVERY 30 min. So 1/30 chance it catches the server down or something like that ( u do the math) and heres what my log shows.

"Dear Paul,

Below is your monthly uptime report July 2004

Please do not reply to this email.

For further assistance, please contact support@siteuptime.com.

-------------------------------------
praetorian-guards.com

Service: PG1

Outages: 18

Downtime: 17 hrs, 0 mins

Uptime: 96.75%

-------------------------------------
"

what can u say about this? 17 hours downtime in 1 month? EXPLAIN! I can provid valid proof too with screenshots of the grid. And the downtime is probly 2x as much as this!
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(narc @ Aug 1 2004, 06:02 AM)
down again, MYSQL error that makes 4 time today over 5 min smile.gif

Honestly, I would have to say thats quite immature.

I would just say that it has been going down.

And I would also like to say not "every" host is perfect.

But if they DO say their uptime promise, then I do see the reason.

I just don't think you need to say when its down every single five minutes, that is just ridiculous, they are more concerned on a longer period of time, not every broadcast of five minutes.

I mean heck, I get like ten minutes of downtime here and there.
Its not hours and hours, so I really have nothing to complain about.
I do admit its annoying seeing it down for like five minutes, but it can't be stopped.

And if it went past their promise, i'm not sure about this legal stuff or whatever goes on, but, you are entitled to ask for a refund, there is absolutely nothing you can do, its downtime, you are just expressing your anger.

The best solution is to either wait and say when its down or just move to another host.
narc
My log should speak for its self. THEY have 99% uptime garentee! 96.75% is not 99%, this is fraud! I lose bissness evertime my site gose down do you not understand?
conop
Look man. Whata a wonderful service. They are checking sites every 30 minutes. They are SOOO accurate.

It means that the lowest downtime they could register is 30 minutes. And even when their connection is down they register downtime. Wow wery nice system.
And now you think that any host will seriously consider your results? It's a joke.

I stick to alerta.com for monitoring my dedicated server with 2 minutes intervals.
So far no false reports and when I once had a dispute with my ex host their were no problem because they are professionals and their stats are hard to turn into laugh.
narc
I have to agree, but the site gose down multipul times a day, this is not "Great" to me. Hostony just emailed me whitch i thank, they got incontact with me and will be moving my server to a more reliable one (i hope). Thanks again smile.gif

PS. MYsql is down again smile.gif
Alexandre
It is still being up. wink.gif
narc
just went up (i think cause it was moving servers)
Dark Hedgehog
Well, can't argue, seems you only listen to yourselves and noone else at all.

The more you complain, the more time to make them have to come here, or they aren't listening at all.

I, for one, think while you are bickering and complaining, they are working their butts on trying to help you, just they can't say anything right now because they are busy.

So just wait eh?

Its what I do.

Not every host is perfect.
narc
I pay hard earned money for there promis's, i know alot of hosts that are NEVER down. Maybe once every 2-3 months. Every day was not acceptable.
Dark Hedgehog
That is completely true.

But their reputation would only lose more customers if people said that things were going down constantly.

Ask them for a refund or a cancel of the payment since you had a lot of down-times, which I can understand.

But complaining is going to do nothing.

The only thing you can do is either get a refund or hopefully get a calculation of the money you do not need to pay because of the downtimes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here