Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MY *OFFICIAL* PROBLEM THREAD
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
danecobain
Um, I figured that I seem to end up with so many problems, I might as well make a thread about it...

OK, the front page extentions are working fine on my site except for on this page - http://www.danecobain.com/Mom%20Petition.htm.

When you press submit, it says

'FrontPage Error.
User: please report details to this site's webmaster.

Webmaster: please see the server's system log for more details.'

Whats that about? Its not a major part of my site that I need or anything, but can you tell me how to fix it if it happens again?
Alec
Please open a trouble ticket and notifu your ftonpage settings (login name and password)
danecobain
a trouble ticket?
MartinB
support.hostony.com
LP_
I'm not sure, but in general you should stick with the conventional characters for filenames: letters, numbers and underscores. That space (%20) can't have any positive impact, and could be the cause of your problem.
danecobain
nope that didnt work, and i dont really want to e-mail support, because I've done it so many times already unsure.gif . If no-one knows though, I will...
Vanya
Yes, you should. We'll help you.
dragonfli
First of all "%20" is just the code for a "space" in your filename and I've never known it to cause any problems, just looks god awful in the browser address bar (thats why I prefer underscores "_" instead).

As far as your frontpage component goes, which one are you using for that page?
Some of the features in frontpage require a windows based server to function properly. I know the file upload feature in frontpage with the little "browse" input button only works on a windows server for instance. Are you on a Unix box? I tend to forego the few frontpage features that don't function properly on unix servers because I would rather not sacrifice the dependability and security of unix for the swiss cheese, hack, patch job that is the trademark of windows, but that is a personal preference. Most things that can be don via frontpage componet can be done in other ways (using cgi or other methods).
I use frontpage because my clients can use it to update their own sites easily and most of them have a copy of office already.
I would find out if it is a "frontpage in unix" problem, if it is, look for a script to acomplish what you are trying to do instead.
If that is not the case than I would examine where it is trying to store it's information (if it writes to a file make sure permissions are set, if it is a database make sure it is set up properly)

Sorry I could not be more help
phobos
I have checked http://www.danecobain.com/Mom_Petition.htm link and it seems work fine (i can submit my post and don't receive any errors).
danecobain
QUOTE(phobos @ Jul 17 2004, 11:49 PM)
I have checked http://www.danecobain.com/Mom_Petition.htm link and it seems work fine (i can submit my post and don't receive any errors).

yeah, i forgot to say, i got it fixed biggrin.gif . Um now, is anyone any good at using front page, because I want to make some forums. If there are any other way's to make forums that are free, and you can help me with, can you help with that?
danecobain
oh, and how come people can get past my IP ban?
danecobain
OK, I've sorted all of my site out now, thanks for the help. Except my site is down. I cant get onto any part of it, and my friend can get onto the site(although it took ages to load), and not the forums. What's going on?

The site is www.danecobain.com
The forums are www.danecobain.com/forum
Vanya
It's network issue on the server.
Server will be ok in a few minutes.
danecobain
its over now. Thanks!!! biggrin.gif

EDIT : Oh, also how can I find my account details, (In particular how much longer my site is paid for, and how to continue it?)
Vanya
It's a billing question =)
mail to billing@h..ony.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here