Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is there a way to Ip ban people?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
danecobain
Is there a way to IP ban people from my site, because some people have got my site address, and are filling it with spam?
danecobain
s'okay, I've found it...
Red Blaze
See, you go to you kitchen, find the fridge and put in the mold... oh wait you have? Good job! biggrin.gif
mavisdeath
blink.gif But what about the ip banning?
MartinB
mavisdeath:
Is an option in your linux's cpanel, "Ip Deny" smile.gif
danecobain
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Jul 19 2004, 11:35 AM)
mavisdeath:
Is an option in your linux's cpanel, "Ip Deny" smile.gif

yeah, thats what I found...
danecobain
Erm somehow, somebody is getting past the IP ban. How is this possible? It's the same IP that I banned is posting in my forums...
Stanly
QUOTE(danecobain @ Jul 21 2004, 06:18 PM)
Erm somehow, somebody is getting past the IP ban. How is this possible? It's the same IP that I banned is posting in my forums...

What exactly are you asking for? smile.gif
danecobain
what has happened is that I havea simple forum on my site, and some people from my school have got hold of my sites address and are posting messages telling me to die, or kill myself etc. So i used the IP deny control to ban their IP, but they can still post in the forums section, using the same IP. I have tested it on a friend and they couldn't get into the forums, so I was wondering what is going on. I can delete the posts that they make,rather not have the hassle...
danecobain
when you IP ban somebody, does it ban them from all of the subwebs as well, because if it doesn't that could be why. I need to test something...
Vanya
We can ban the whole networks class A,B and C but there should be very well-grounded reason for this.
danecobain
no worries, i sorted it.
mavisdeath
i dont have linux...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here