Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DNS Info
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Gadolinium
Hello! I do not have a problem with my site - I am just looking for some additional information. I'd consider myself an expert at PCs and that general area, but when it comes to managing websites/servers/etc Id say intermediate experience.

I am familiar with what DNS is and what it does. I am also familiar with the overall nslookup command (though all of its little sub-commands I am not familiar with).

I would like to learn more about how DNS works and all -- like all the different record types (mx, a, etc). Does anyone know of any good "intro-ish" websites for DNS?

Thanks a bunch!
Gadolinium
I'll check those out. Thank you so much for your quick response! biggrin.gif
Gadolinium
Hey - one of those links wasn't quite what I was looking for (but how would you know that? ;-) ) and one of them was somewhat over my head (at least until i found some supplemental info)

I found the following website that had a great diagram and breakdown and thought I'd throw it up here so it could benefit anyone reading these.

http://www.dnswiz.com/dnsworks.htm

real good short breakdown of the DNS process and some of its lingo. After checking this, the links you sent me I could then understand! :-)

Thanks and enjoy!
Alexandre
wink.gif Nice link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here