Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd domain
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
raul
I have the special package and registered a second domain last week. Support told me I should use the same name servers as my first domain and that I didn't have to do anything else except notify them when it was registered. I've done that. My questions are, does the new domain use the same index page as my current site, or is it like having a completely new host? Secondly, it usually takes 48 hours for the domian to propagate but it's been longer than that, is this normal?
Thanks, Raul
Shortstuff
When you add your second domain (with the "Special" package), you will need to use Addon Domains to do so. It will ask you for your new domain name and username which would be yourdomainname.com and yourdomainname, respectively. The username actually being the name of the directory in which you will upload your web files to. Your second domain therefore will not use the same index page, but rather its' own. You will notice a new folder in your public_html for that second domain (yourdomainname as referenced above). (Know that this is based on my experience with the Linux Special Package.) Hope this helps.
Stanly
Also you can reach on-line tutorials at http://help.hostony.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here