Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simple Folder question
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
Webslave
Hi, I'm new co CPANEL,

To have some overview of my files and folders and different websites I usually create one folder for each site and subdomain. Where and how do i associate each domain and subdomain to it's respective folder where i'll park the index.htm ? I'm used to do that with confixx.
Alec
All domains and subdomains are linked to respective folders. You are able to put folder name for every new subdomain or addon domain (btw, every domain is linked t orespective subdomain. So when you create a new domain new subdomain is created)
Webslave
Yeah, ok, but how do i create a folder, lets say i want to make folder 001-site-birds,
i want to link domain 1 to it, how do i do that ? Usually i change all folder names and associate them with numbers, with a great tool like cpanel it should be no problem.

Also, lets say i create 50 subdomains, but i just want to use 2 subs first and keep the rest for later, make folders, 001-sub-houses, 002-sub-cars and then link it. You get it what i want to do ? Where do i link them ?

In confixx, when i create a sub domain, i have to asociate that domain with a folder where i'll be uploading my pages. These are things i wanna do and wanna know how to do it.
Alec
You can not link subdomain to an existing folder.

Creating of subdomain and its linking can not be separated - it is a one action in cpanel. So if you create a subdomain you create a folder. But you can get round it: create a subdomain then remove linker folder ffrom file manager or ftp and you will have a subdomain which do not work
Webslave
where do i upload my main site ?

i see 5 folder in my ftp programm,

mail
public_ftp
public_html
tmp

what's the purpose of public_html ?
Stanly
you can upload to public_html or www (they're the same folder)
Webslave
how did you associate my main domain to the folder:

and

public_html

?

Because if you let me know how you do that, i can rename them and do folders like:

001-website
002-website

in this way i can sort my folders in numerical oder. Let me know what is possible or not.
Alec
Your site is associated to those folders by http server. We can not remove or rename these folder but can create sybolic links to the folder. For example:

001-website -> public_html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here