Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FTP connection
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
Webslave
Hi,

How long can one upload ? Does one get disconnected automatically while uploading after 10 hours, or does it stay connected as long as one uploads and only disconnects when the User is idle ? I'm interested into uploading a site which could take a whole day... So it's important to know.
Alexandre
I think you can upload it without scare if you have a good local conection.
Would be nice to contact your local ISp and ask their support about your line capacity.
Webslave
I have DSL Flatrate, Download: 120 KB/s, Upload: 19,2 KB/s. I want to Upload 1,5 GB Project.

1 MB = 1024 KB
1024 / 19,2 = 53 s for 1 MB Upload.

-----------------------------------------
1 GB = 1500 MB
1500 * 1024 = 1 536 000 KB

1 536 000 / 19,2 = 80 000

80 000 / 60 = 1333.33 mins

1333.33 / 60 = 22.22 Hours = approximately 1 and a half days.

Am I wrong ?

Please let me know, it's important. For this extra big upload i could get 38 KB/s upload.
Vanya
You are able to upload it. This should not be a problem(except you time spending).
Webslave
I'm interested into your special package of 3GB (Linux pls). I would like to pay for 1 year.
The free domain has to be registered on my name, which means an additional of 14,85 right ? So, we come to a total of:

12x11.85 = 142.20
Domain = 14,85
----------------------
Total = $157,05

Is that correct ?

Send me further details per email or PM. I want to pay through Paypal.

Another thing, when i register the domain on my name for 1 year, do i get a reminder before the domain expires ?
Alec
Do you mean that you already have a registered domain?
Webslave
no, i don't have one. I'm interested in a .com domain. Tell me more how to proceed.
Alec
So you want to get special account and 2 domain names (one is free, another is for $14.85)?
Webslave
Yeah, that sounds good- But the second domain fpr 14,85, will be registered on my name, right ? We have to avoid any confusions.
Alec
You will be able to manage your domains contacts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here