Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hostony does NOT
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
bmoyer
mad.gif I have tried to get my money back for over 3 weeks and all they do is give me the run around.

DONT host with Hostony!
Vanya
What is your domain name?
Webslave
Hostony offers some real great products for really cheap prices. What made you so unsatisfied ?
Alec
bmoyer:
Please send a cancellation request to billing[at]hostony.com and notify your customer info (domain name and order number) and a reason of cancellation.
bmoyer
I have emailed support several times, but continue to get the run around, cant I just get a refund?
Stanly
Our billing department will respond you soon.
Also refund process takes up to 11 days (depends on your bank).
bmoyer
Still NO Refund and it has been over a month.

Isnt funny they can take your money in a matter of minutes, but it takes 2 weeks to give it back. I would reccomend NOT using Hostony.
Stanly
It depends on your bank, not our company.
Your bank have to give you refund in 11 days.
Serge
Brett,

I have explained you that refund was sent to you on 2 July. Our merchant provider confirms that the money were actually refunded. You have to resolve it with your bank because the money were actuall bokked back to you.

Furthermore, it is your right to have your thoughts about our company but if you continue to spam our forums you will be banned from them.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(bmoyer @ Jul 4 2004, 01:10 AM)
:angry: I have tried to get my money back for over 3 weeks and all they do is give me the run around.

DONT host with Hostony!

I'm afraid I have to agree with this guy.

I noticed you guys have been giving the run-around with others as well on other topics.

Why should it matter why they need to give a reason to quit their hosting?
Its like a warez site asking for votes so you can download something you want.

I don't believe that is right forcing people to give feedback just so they can cancel their hosting.

I mean, its just not right, if they want to cancel it, just let them, its what they want to do and not satisfied, but however, if they were happy and got suddenly displeased, I bet they would give feedback.

But in my honest opinion, I see what you put him through and you "never" emailed him back about the problem that occurred and you left him hanging for a month, that is just wrong.

But I also have to say that this guy is kind of over-reacting over the matter that he isn't thinking clearly.
He should have contacted the billing company or whatever it is first for information rather than talking to you guys.

But on the other hand, you should have detailfully told him what to do, this is service, not free hosting.

I just think your guys biggest problem is explaining, just your services and support are great.

And you do give the run-a-round a lot though...I don't think its necessary.
Serge
First of all I would like to note that Alec asked 'Please'.
He did not tell that he MUST explain his reasons in order to be cancelled.

We need this feedback in order to be able to see why people don't like our service and canceling. We follow up each cancellation email with emails 'Please, in order to help us to improve, explain why you decide to cancel' and nobody ever had problems with it.

Those who don't want to explain their reasons just state that he doesn't want to explain and their account is cancelled. Such procedure not even helps us but in cases when user cancels just because he overlooked some functionality in control panel or need a custom service we are able to help him. Thus he avoids the need to move his site that often is followed with downtime or other minor problems.

We were exchanging emails with that guy from the moment he decided to cancel. He got a confirmation on cancellation and when his refund was made.

Our merchant provider and acquirer confirms that refund is made and we cannot help him with it that was explained via email. There is NO unanswered email from him.

The problem is that his bank tells him that they did not get the refund. Rather than file a dispute or request a chargeback he started to spam our forums with 'HOSTONY ######S' messages all over the forums. So after deleting his spam on the forums he got a bit sharp answer from me.

The amount in question is $29.85. It is not our best interest not to give refunds when they should be done. The penalty for each such case from VISA is $35 plus bad credit record. So we are well motivated to act on refund requests even financially. His refund was made over a month ago and should have reached him not longer than 10-11 banking days after.

Unfortunately there is no technical way for us or our merchant provider to track the refund up to his bank so he had to file a dispute with his bank if he did not get the money.
Dark Hedgehog
Welp, I never knew that.
I apologize, what I didn't see is the private things.

Now that I see the light, I do agree that there are downtimes, but there are downtimes everywhere you go.
No matter what host you go on, there will always be a downtime no matter what.

And the refund thing, I had no idea it was within 10-11 banking business days, sorry, I didn't really pay attention to that thing, please forgive me.

I noticed that he spammed your board too, and, I don't really see it going on anymore, just because he didn't get what he wanted.
Sorry for the outburst, I didn't see that.

So with that, I am sorry, I just didn't see your end of the story.
Hope it goes well, and for the complainer, you should be taking it out on your merchant or whoever it was, and talk it out with them rather than spamming this board up.

Once again, sorry.
Red Blaze
Well, when I email hostony, I always get an answer. Sometimes people just get impatient and panic, or just get angry. It happend to me, but I realized soon after, I was the bad guy. So I started being... considerate, if that's the appropiate word. You just have to stay calm, and get through the situation as an adult should. heh, that's how I am able to deal with customers at my job. Working in Pizza Hut helps dealing with customers so I should know. happy.gif;
Dark Hedgehog
lol, I had to go the same route.

I am always polite to anyone, no matter who it is.

Try speaking Japanese, you have to be so darn polite XD

"Watashi wa konoru to seku watari anata desu."
Vanya
I want to learn Japanese too! ph34r.gif
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Vanya @ Aug 4 2004, 06:15 PM)
I want to learn Japanese too! :ph34r:

That wasn't expected oO;

But there are sites and books you can learn the language from.

Beign such as "Anata wa shua wa kan to-ku in Nihon-go ka"
MartinB
oh my god, As if it did not cost to me to communicate with they in english, now they are speaking in Japanese! blink.gif biggrin.gif
Vanya
rolleyes.gif
Dark Hedgehog
Sumimasen, wa choudai furu dzuki hassei Nihon-go ato tochi desu.

"Sorry, I am used to speaking Japanaese a lot."
Vanya
Great, the first lesson... =)
Dark Hedgehog
lol, actually, the first lesson is how to speak using formal and non-formal vocabulary, which is really hard to do and takes somewhat up to almost a year to learn.

I think you should check out online sites and books if you want to learn, I only know a little more then half less of the Japanese language.

Though it interferes with my English, and yes, it is a bit rusty, I usually tend to speak Japanese a lot.

But anyways, speaking Japanese doesn't take three weeks, it takes almost up to maybe two-three years.

So far, I am still in the beginning and been on around for three years learning Japanese.
Vanya
I guess it's better to learn it live. On-line lessons can be more useful for learning english if you know German but not for learning Japanaese.
Although i may be wrong...
Dark Hedgehog
It helps a bit, and yes, you are right, learning it live is even better.

Its why I am going to take a college course of Japanese.
Vanya
Good choise.
Dark Hedgehog
Arigatou gozaimasu, tame shiawase dzuki temae.

"Thank you very much, good luck to you."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here