Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: questions about dedicated
Hostony Board > CLOUD VPS and Dedicated Servers > Dedicated Servers
blackburnrovers
i am thinking about taking my company's web server and hosting off site instead of replacing the hardware.

it is a webserver for our internet and intranet site. we have about 30 FrontPage users modifying their own individual subwebs on the inranet site(which is password protected)

how difficult would it be to migrade my current data and permissions over to a dedicated server at hostony? the server here is windows 2000 with FrontPage extensions.

has anyone had any experience doing this?

do i install my own server software on the boxes, or does hostony do that?

any suggestions from people would be appreciated.
Stanly
We will install Win2003 for you at the box.
Unfortunately you will have to re-set uo all user's accounts/passwords/e-mails/permissions/etc.
There is no way to migrate automatically from/to Windows.
blackburnrovers
so do i pay extra for the licensing of windows 2003? what web server would you use? IIS? or apache?

also, how do i mange the server. do i use remote desktop? vnc? some sort of cpanel like interface?
Stanly
No, you will not have to pay for the licensing.
Also, you will have remote desktop connection available and HELM control panel for hosting management.
blackburnrovers
do you do the patches for the windows server, or am i the user responsible for that?
Stanly
All software and patches are installed by our team.
Also we're responsible for server security.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here