Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Process killed
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
MartinB
Hello:
Always when i work in the shell editting a file, the process is Killed in a few seconds(aleatory), so i need open the file and win a race making changes and saving the file.

Somebody here have the same problem ?

greetings-
Alexandre
Could you tell me how often it happens?
MartinB
some times 7/10 times, sometimes 10/10 smile.gif
May be some daemon running for protect the overload ? (i think an editor editting a little text file don't kill the server but if it is checking the running time of each process in the system.... and i got Killed)

What kind of report do you need ? If you need the exact time of all times it happen to me, give me some days and i will post it here, if you think it will be usefull.

thanks for your time wink.gif
Alec
What user do run editor in shell?
MartinB
most often my main username

wizhosti

(more info in my signature)
MartinB
I found another previous post about its same problem:
http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=1849&hl=killing

------------------------------------------

Look, It's not so "critical" for now, i just want give you the info of what is happen, take the rid of the problem when you have a "non-critical-problems lapsus of time" at your work(if that thing exist wink.gif).

thanks and have a nice day
Alec
To prevent overloading on the server we run demon which kills or decreases priority of hard processes. For some reason vi takes too much resourses (maybe because of its interactivity) and that demon kill the process. So if you may do not use shell editor please do not it. Otherwise open a new trouble ticket and we'll try to find a decision which satisfies both you and us. Sorry for the possible inconveniences
MartinB
i don't use vi, i use "joe", but i think it is like you said.

i will try to survive with the daemon if that is for make a best service for all us.

thanks =
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here