Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DNS Issues
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
chrischross
Switched DNS name servers over to Hostony yesterday. The domain pings fine, but pinging www.domainName.com goes to the old hoster. Heres the info from DNSStuff:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer

www.choiralley.com. CNAME IN 14400 choiralley.com.
choiralley.com. A IN 14400 67.15.48.21
choiralley.com. NS IN 14400 ns24.hostony.com.
choiralley.com. NS IN 14400 ns23.hostony.com.
ns23.hostony.com. A IN 129935 67.15.42.48

Pinging www.choiralley.com returns 63.99.224.51, which is my old hoster. Pinging choiralley.com returns 67.15.48.21.

Is there a lag in DNS propagation between www.choiralley.com and choiralley.com?

Thanks,

Chris
chrischross
Arggghhh!!! Now everything resolves to the old hoster after doing a ipconfig /flushdns.
chrischross
User error -- please disregard. Must've been DNS caching issues on my client.
artrocity
both still resolve to the old host over here
ns5.readyhosting.com
ns6.readyhosting.com

give it time.

It takes 24-72 hours to fully propogate a
DNS change....
Alec
It is ok now:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?na...lley.com&type=A
chrischross
DNSReport.com shows this:

ERROR: You have one or more lame nameservers. These are nameservers that do NOT answer authoritatively for your domain. This is bad; for example, these nameservers may never get updated. The following nameservers are lame:

for all domains. Any issue here? Also, DNSStuff reports a Grade of "C", which might have something to do with the lame nameserver.

The most points taken off was:

Took off 20 points since ns23.hostony.com does not respond authoritatively (can cause unexpected responses and add delays).
Alec
Fixed
chrischross
OK -- great job on choiralley.com -- DNSStuff now reports an "A" grade.

My other web sites -- precisioncrm.com and ryojiworld.com are having the same problem that choiralley.com had. Could you fix those as well?

Thanks,

Chris
Alec
It is fixed for both domains.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here