Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damn it you people!
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
Red Blaze
For you people that always complain the first time they see a 404 page is.... WHAT THE HELL?! Blah blah blah! Complain complain complain!"

Ever tried to run your own server? Ever know how much protection you need from hackers or viruses? Now.. that's assuming you're running one server. How many is Hostony running? 20? 21? 25+ servers? You guys gotta keep in my they're not super-humans. And you guys know humans are not perfect, so how is it possible to run a "perfect" service. Now don't give me "These hosts don't have problems" crap. EVERYONE has problems, GET THAT STRAIGHT!

I had alot of problems with my site here in hostony too, and due to my patience with hostony, my site is running smoothly now, hardly with any problems. NEVER have I insulted Hostony's servers, and I don't ever plan to, and if I did I sincerely apologize and won't do it again. I understant you get impatient, I understand you're running a business, complaining is one thing, but insulting is what makes me upset. They're working hard, taking our crap over and over again, and your insults. Yes, the instults. They are patient enough to take all that crap from us and still willing to serve us better in anyway possible. THAT'S service, THAT'S what counts to me atleast. You go find another host, recieve more problems, you insult them, they might end up using your CC info for their pleasure leaving you bankrupt, and then laughing at your ass. Hostony wouldn't do that.

Bah, enough of my blabbering already, just wanted to get it clear not all customers are ignorant. Sorry if I caused any problems, but I just wanted to defend the hard workers of Hostony. You take alot of our crap, and still do a great job. Thank you hostony.
Stanly
Thanks for your opinion.
marcgo15
Has I stated before the MySQL problems and a few mins of downtime for a reboot and nothing. My last host has 99.9% downtime, so when I see my site down a few mins i don't get upset about it. I had over 40 hours total in the 5 months i has with that old host. If Hostony would ever get that bad then i would yell and tell i'm not happy but untill that time i'm not going to cry about the services here. If i do anything its help them by giving them info so they can get it fixed. So yes i agree Red Blaze.
Vanya
Thank's for your understading.
Danimal
QUOTE(Red Blaze @ Jun 21 2004, 07:45 AM)
I just wanted to defend the hard workers of Hostony. You take alot of our crap, and still do a great job. Thank you hostony.

Agreed, though I'd just like to amend that to "take a lot of their crap," as I've never complained about Hostony's service or support. Other than that, great post, Red Blaze.
purecaffeine
Yep. Hostony is a great service, considering what you pay.

The site I used to work for had a severa; dedicated server. We were forever having downtime, site problems, and poor security. And that was paying $1000+ a year. Here I'm paying less than $10 a month for a great featured service that's faster than the old server and I never have any problems with.

Excellent point, RedBlaze. Hostony rock *thumbs up*.
mavisdeath
I agree also. I was with a site that was slightly cheaper (50 cents maybe) but they had alot of issues and I had to get a refund which wasnt complete because of the domain registration which was extremly high. As soon as I transferred To hostony, I had no problems, and I love the amount of bandwidth. This is the best hosting service I have ever found.
keitaro
**** Message Deleted ****
jeanphilippe
I agree but, 99% of uptime is not very good. I am sure hostony can do better. *(*(*(*(*.com offer 99.999% network uptime guarantee and 5% refund for each 30 minutes downtime! I know it is dedicated servers only and they are bigger than hostony but hostony may at least try to offer 99.9 or 99.99.

Keep up the good work hostony. But there is still jobs to do.
Serge
jeanphilippe
I understand that doing things that are not allowed is way too cool; Please stop posting ******.com here and there.
Damn if you won't stop I start posting it myself all over here smile.gif

I just want to draw your attention to the fact that 99.999% they offer for the network uptime, not general server uptime and server uptime has no guarantee. it's common practice by hosting companies targeted on dedicated server sales. It's quite understandable because dedicated server provide has full control only over the network. BTW many companies offer 100% network SLA.
They are safe stating this because network is on BGP routing and words are well backed up with technical part.

Server uptime is a different thing.

99.999% uptime means that server cannot be down for more than 26 seconds a month.
The fastest server reboot takes about 2-4 minutes if there is no need for fsck, etc.
It means that simple kernel upgrade, that requires server reboot takes us away from 99.999%

It's not a problem to put 9999 after the point, but there are real things that you can not avoid.

Anyway there are many things that we have to improve and we are working on it and appreciate user feedback.

Thanks.
jeanphilippe
Ok, I understand that 99.999% server uptime is impossible.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Red Blaze @ Jun 21 2004, 07:45 AM)
For you people that always complain the first time they see a 404 page is.... WHAT THE HELL?! Blah blah blah! Complain complain complain!"

Ever tried to run your own server? Ever know how much protection you need from hackers or viruses? Now.. that's assuming you're running one server. How many is Hostony running? 20? 21? 25+ servers? You guys gotta keep in my they're not super-humans. And you guys know humans are not perfect, so how is it possible to run a "perfect" service. Now don't give me "These hosts don't have problems" crap. EVERYONE has problems, GET THAT STRAIGHT!

I had alot of problems with my site here in hostony too, and due to my patience with hostony, my site is running smoothly now, hardly with any problems. NEVER have I insulted Hostony's servers, and I don't ever plan to, and if I did I sincerely apologize and won't do it again. I understant you get impatient, I understand you're running a business, complaining is one thing, but insulting is what makes me upset. They're working hard, taking our crap over and over again, and your insults. Yes, the instults. They are patient enough to take all that crap from us and still willing to serve us better in anyway possible. THAT'S service, THAT'S what counts to me atleast. You go find another host, recieve more problems, you insult them, they might end up using your CC info for their pleasure leaving you bankrupt, and then laughing at your ass. Hostony wouldn't do that.

Bah, enough of my blabbering already, just wanted to get it clear not all customers are ignorant. Sorry if I caused any problems, but I just wanted to defend the hard workers of Hostony. You take alot of our crap, and still do a great job. Thank you hostony.

I couldn't agree with you more.

On my previous host, ALL of you complainers would have pulled your hair strands out one by one.

I, for one, am grateful because the hard work Hostony does for us.

Sure, there are times when I get frustrated I can't get a problem solved immediately.
Then, I think, they have loads of thousands of others solving problems out there.
I am not of their concern, they are busy helping others.
You just need to take the time to think that you are causing the problems.

I have seen SOOOOOOOOOO many people say "hostony ######s its horrible service!" only because they are impatient and can't wait a cotton-picking two minutes.

Like Red said, even if they are business, does that mean we are nothing compared to them?
Or are we just a lower class because they have a business and some of us have fan-sites that aren't business driven?
That would be stereotypical.
They think they are a higher class than us and deserve a better form of feedback and help because they have a business.

I think too many people think they have control over anything they want and get ot of hand.

If we all sit back and just read the terms and rules for once over again, maybe we would think twice.

And I apologize as well if I have said anything about complaints.

I think Hostony is great.
Best service i've ever gotten.
Red Blaze
Dark brings up a good point. I have planned a business site for myself. If my fan site keeps having problems (which it hasn't lately THANK YOU HOSTONY! <3), what would make me think that my bussiness site would go well?

My site is having no problems whats or ever. So without a doubt, I'll have another site with Hostony's help. =)
Dark Hedgehog
Hehehe.
I plan to make a business site myself.
Just its my art I am going to be making a business of, and 3D models and all.
Just I need to find the right time and place for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here