Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Email problems getting worse
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
showbiz44
sad.gif
I am being informed by business clients that they have not received my emails. As well, I have not received emails sent to me. The email for my corporate website seems to be functioning at about 50% efficiency and this is getting to be very dangerous as if I miss a filing deadline, I could possibly lose contracts. If we phone you, and you test, naturally that email comes through, but, really and truthfully - we are only getting 50% service! Last week was the very worst!
phobos
What is your domain name?
ericbusch
I am having problems, too. A good portion of my emails are not reaching their intended destination and I am not receiving an email confirming that they were undeliverable.

my domain: ericbusch.net
Alexandre
As I see you have opened an trouble ticket on the help desk. I hope your problem will be solved asap.
bgp1
I too have just recently started receiving bounced messages from yahoo.com and other such domains. These emails work because the user must enter them twice, and some of these users are people I know personally, and I can contact using my personal email address.

Isnt there a site that you can check to see if you are on a spam list or something? Maybe I am on that - for some reason I dont know about.
ericbusch
Actually, I opened a trouble ticket for php's mail() function not working.

I was commenting here to express that when i am sending an email(via my email application, Entourage), sometimes the intended user never receives it and i dont get an error message.

Is that anything to do with the ports? Is there anything i can do to the configuration on my email application to ensure my emails reach their intended destination?

thanks
eric
Stanly
1. mail() function was temporarily disabled to find a spammer. I've just enabled it again.
2. I need to know some mailbox name and password for it to test your mail.
ericbusch
I just tested mail() once while I was at work and it seems to be working now. I will test it some more later and let you know if there are any more problems.

I hope the spammer situation is under control.

Thanks
eric
travelinged
I am not getting any emails at all this morning and know for a fact many were sent to me. What is going on and when will this be fixed??

I have tried to leave a trouble ticket in Support, but forgot my password, which of course I clicked "forgot password" and a new one has been emailed to me, but I have not received the email!!!!!! HELP!!!

domain: travelinged.org
Tim
all e-mail for my site has been down about 5 hours. I sent e-mail to hostony (using my non-hostony e-mail) about this, but if their mail is down too, I don't know if they received it.

This same thing happened yesterday and was fixed until ealy this morning.

tim
"violinbridgeworks.com"
simplesoul
I get the worst probem. I can check mail thru WEBMAIL account.
please help.
when i type <mydomainname>/webmail/ i get the message below

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@domainname.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
MartinB
use yourdomain:2095 for webmail, the /webmail/ is disabled temp for a security action.
Alec
Tim: It seems that your email is working now

travelinged: is your email working. If no please contact us through email or helpdesk and we'll try to fix your issue

mblendinger: Thank you for clarification
Tim
The following was posted in error ---

Alec,

Thanks. It was fixed for a while but it just went down again - all the same way.

I sent e-mail to support, but figured I'd let you know here too in case your e-mail is also down.

Tim
Alexandre
Is it fixed?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here