Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: files owner in my homes
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
MartinB
I use some fantastico web systems and some others i install manually in my account, and i have the follow problem:

When i use these systems, like for example a gallery, and i upload a file with the gallery interfaz, its files have owned by user "nobody" group "nobody", so i can't get rid of them, i can't delete it from the shell, or modify, or change permissions, etc.

Exist some fix for this ? It's the first time it happen to me with a hosting service so I don't know if this is a problem really, or if it have some way of solution, or if I am making something bad, but i want to inform it to you, is some complicated for me the having files in my account that i can't manage them dry.gif .

have a nice day smile.gif
phobos
User "nobody" and group "nobody" is used by default because Apache httpd server works under this account. By this reason most auto installation software use those accounts to create directories and files.

It is not possible to avoid this problem in this moment.
You can open trouble ticket to change permissions for your files and folders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here