Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woot there gose hostony again... Crappy servers..
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
narc
Nothing but trouble since i started hostony!

I get my 6 month pre-paid, in a month all servers get whiped i lose my website, servers are down for a week or two. They said they would upgrade everyones hosting, I didnt get upgraded till 2 days ago, thats like 4 months later.

Non stop problems with server, it keeps stop responding at random times sad.gif

Yeserday all my 100 email accounts that i set up with cpannel got deleted. Then for a day i couldnt add anymore.

Last 3 days server been going down for 2-3 min here and there. Keep getting server "link dead" Cannot connect to my webpages alot.

Today, when my website gose down again! I go into cpannel but I get this message "Sorry for the inconvience!
The root partition on this server is running out of disk space. Cpanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition."

HEHE SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE??? I had over 4gig left of space, i checked my FTP nothing new was uploaded to clog the server. Common guys im running like 6 sites off of your hosting and i get paid to keep the sites up. When this happens i lose money and have to refund my paying custmers. You guys should do the same!

Hostony makes me mad.gif <---

Although hostony trys to take care of there custmers it dosnt happen as well as they say, i read somewhere hostony servers are up 99.99%? Can u change this? Its false avertisment.
narc
Okay at least the cpannel is now fixed, but still guys why is my server going down for 2-3 min spikes all the time? Answer this please.

Also it sometimes dosnt happen to everyone, like one person wont be able to access (a+b+c) site, when one person can then 10 min later the 2nd person cant access (b+c) site while person 1 can. AHHH /pulls out hair.
narc
VERY Slow server, half the time links time out!!

Let me quote from hostony

"Our clients are backed with our 99% uptime guarantee. If our monitoring system registers server downtime for more than 1% of the month, we'll issue a prorated credit towrd your next service contract with Hostony."

Well i hope you follow what u say smile.gif

Domain name = www.wow-secrets.com

Every minute u wait on fixing this i lose $$ thx.
Alec
The server was not down. It may be a network problem.
Please do a traceroute when next downtime occurs and show it.
Also diskspace problem is fixed now and there is about 6 gigabytes available.
purecaffeine
It's cheap hosting.

You pay for what you get. Another site I have is bigger, hass dedicated servers etc. We still get downtime and stuff, and that's paying $150/month for the privelege.
narc
whats a traceroute?
Alec
A utility that traces a packet from your computer to an Internet host, showing how many hops the packet requires to reach the host and how long each hop takes. If you're visiting a Web site and pages are appearing slowly, you can use traceroute to figure out where the longest delays are occurring.

The original traceroute is a UNIX utility, but nearly all platforms have something similar. Windows includes a traceroute utility called tracert. In Windows 95, you can run tracert by selecting Start->Run…, and then entering tracert followed by the domain name of the host. For example:

tracert wow-secrets.com
Glide
And I believe "Common Guys" should actually be "come on guys".

"Common guys" would mean "average guys".

"Come on" guys would mean - get with it.
narc
AHHH OMG, my email now only acceptes 1/4 of the emails comming threw. WTF IS UP WITH THIS IM RUNNING A BISSNESS HERE I CANT HAVE THIS HAPPENING!
Vanya
Server looks ok...
load average: 2.42
narc
Woot server went down again today, common guys? Whats wrong iv done tests on my email half emails sent to me i dont get? Also now people telling me while i went out server was down again...
narc
WOOT down again, 11:55pm PST 6/19/04, get the following error.

ERROR
There is no MySQL server connection, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly.

[ Go Back ]
narc
woot cpannel error again!

" Sorry for the inconvience!
The root partition on this server is running out of disk space. Cpanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition."

Okay lets say this is about the 10th problem iv had in the last 3 days with ur server. Please respond.
Alec
We are fixing it now.
We'll keep you informed about problem status
Alec
Fixed now
Sorry for the caused problems
Dark Hedgehog
I have the same problem on my end:

Sorry for the inconvience!
The root partition on this server is running out of disk space. Cpanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

www.sonicdash.net
phobos
Fixed.
Please check it now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here