Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking about an upgrade.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Barrin!
I currently have a PROFI plan, but I need another full domain. Since it would cost the same amout of money to purchase an extra one or upgrade to the SPECIAL plan, I think I am going to upgrade. First, I've got a couple of questions:

I purchased a 6 month PROFI plan in February, which would mean it expires in August, correct? Is it possible to upgrade now/ how would it affect my current plan?

Also, will you be automatically billing my credit card in August for another 6 months if I don't tell you otherwise. or do I have to send the money via paypal? If so, how long do I have to do so?

Thanks.
Vanya
The upgade procedure is the following.
First, you order a new plan(in domain field you should enter your current domain with upgrade- prefix, e.g. upgrade-mydomain.dom).
Than you mail us to billing@hostony.com asking to stop your former payment(send it with old order number)
That's it.
Barrin!
How can you stop billing my old account if I paid it all at once? Will you refund me for the last two months?

Other than that, I think I get it. I won't lose anything, correct?

How long does it take for you to upgrade?

(Also, this is a little off-topic but what name server should I point my new domain name to?)
Stanly
Your old billing will be refunded for all unused term.
Upgrade procedure takes a few minutes, but pament confirmation from billing department takes much more.

also
(use the same name servers that were sent at your account activation e-mail)
Barrin!
Stanly, do you think you could resend that activation email to me somehow? My hardrive had crashed, and I lost it.
Stanly
Ok, just tell me your domain name.
Barrin!
It's http://barrin.net

When I try and log on to order the upgrade, I keep receiving an error. It says my password is incorrect. Do I need to use the original password that came with my account? I had it changed once, because of the problem with my hard drive.
Alexandre
Done.
Barrin!
Thanks, Alexandre.
Barrin!
I'm still having problems...

Could someone please tell me what email/password is associated with the account barrinn at the domain barrin.net?
Danimal
Your email password should be the same password you use to get into CPanel, as long as "barrinn" is your main account name (and I'm guessing it is since it matches your domain name). For all other email accounts you'll need to put in the WHOLE address, like "user@barrinn.net" as the user name and then whatever the password is.
Barrin!
No, I mean to upgrade my account. I am an existing customer, so it asks me my email/password. I use the email I've used to sign up for the service (patricklaf@ns.sympatico.ca) and my cPanel password.

It doesn't work.

When I press "Forgot Password?", and type in my email, I get this error: "Error: Invalid email [patricklaf@ns.sympatico.ca] or your account is not activated yet."

What am I doing wrong, Hostony?
Danimal
Well I was way off then, sorry. Just for curiosity's sake, I went to the checkout page and tried to login and I too got the message that my password was correct (using the email address I used when I signed up). Then I tried the "Lost Password" function which emailed me a new password that has no effect on either my main login or my login to the Trouble Ticket system. What is this password? I want to hear the response to your question too, because this is baffling me.
Serge
There are 2 billing systems. Old and new. The new one functiones from March and is being constantly worked on. All orders starting from March are already in new billing system. All old orders are now entered in the new billing system (we are at about 75%). Then we'll audit them and enable notice mesages that wil linform about past due invoices, etc. It should take about 1-2 months.

The login you got is for the new billingsystem and will work for the new billing system, new trouble ticket system and new affiliate system that should be actually a one login panel integrating all three systems and I hope should eliminate hassle with logins concentrating everything in one place.
Barrin!
Thanks for the information, Serge.

Ok, so I ordered the SPECIAL upgrade as a new customer, and I sent an email to billing@hostony.com regarding the 2 month or so refund.

Thanks for the good service, once again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here