Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking of dedicated
Hostony Board > CLOUD VPS and Dedicated Servers > Dedicated Servers
tresuvesdobles
I am thinking of moving to a dedicated or virtual dedicated server because maybe I am involved in a business requiring much more space, but I need to clarify many issues:

0. What is the difference between virtual and dedicated?

1. What is the guaranteed QoS? The performance at the Linux server 67.15.16.19 where part of my site is located now is really awful. Is there any kind of special support for this kind of plan?

2. Is it possible to be a reseller in a dedicated server?

3. I have my account splitted into a Windows server and a Linux server (you requested me to move my PHP pages to Linux server in order to avoid overloading in the Windows one). How could we keep this scheme in a dedicated server? I need both ASP and PHP accounts and of course I would only purchase a dedicated plan.

4. Will I lose the files, subdomains, databases and any other information I have in my current accounts?

Thank yu for your answers
Stanly
0. What is the difference between virtual and dedicated?
Dedicated server is a standalone machine that have its own box.
Virtual server is a one of virtual machines created at the standalone box that has resource limitation like it is written at our site.

1. What is the guaranteed QoS? The performance at the Linux server 67.15.16.19 where part of my site is located now is really awful. Is there any kind of special support for this kind of plan?

You will have only your and your customers' domain names at the server so load average will be very small.

2. Is it possible to be a reseller in a dedicated server?
You have a root reseller account there by default.

3. I have my account splitted into a Windows server and a Linux server (you requested me to move my PHP pages to Linux server in order to avoid overloading in the Windows one). How could we keep this scheme in a dedicated server? I need both ASP and PHP accounts and of course I would only purchase a dedicated plan.

Linux accounts will be moved to the dedicated server and Windows accounts will be left at their place.

4. Will I lose the files, subdomains, databases and any other information I have in my current accounts?

No, you will not.
Accounts will be transfered automatically.
tresuvesdobles
Linux accounts will be moved to the dedicated server and Windows accounts will be left at their place.

In this moment, my domain name is pointing at the windows DNS since the main page is hosted in the Windows server (it uses ASP). Subdomains for pages hosted in the Linux account are redirected through the Windows server DNS. If I move the domain name to the dedicated (or virtual dedicated) account, how will it work?

And one more question on this: when you say that ASP pages will be kept at the Windows account, I understand that no additional fee will be charged (please confirm) but... what will be the quota in the Windows server?

Last one: Control Panels for the resold accounts would be only in English or the language can be configured from the main WHM panel?

Sorry for so many questions. I will surely have some more before taking the final decision since the investment is quite high. Thanks for your understanding.
phobos

And one more question on this: when you say that ASP pages will be kept at the Windows account, I understand that no additional fee will be charged (please confirm) but... what will be the quota in the Windows server?
Please contact billing@hostony.com with this question.

Last one:
Control Panels for the resold accounts would be only in English or the language can be configured from the main WHM panel?

You can install additional language skin.
You can find answer for this question at the official Cpanel site http://www.cpanel.net/
tresuvesdobles
I don't have email access right now and so I cannot contact billing@hostony.com

Could you be so kind as to give me answers to the open questions through this post?

1. In this moment, my domain name is pointing at the windows DNS since the main page is hosted in the Windows server (it uses ASP). Subdomains for pages hosted in the Linux account are redirected through the Windows server DNS. If I move the domain name to the dedicated (or virtual dedicated) account, how will it work?

2. And one more question on this: when you say that ASP pages will be kept at the Windows account, I understand that no additional fee will be charged (please confirm) but... what will be the quota in the Windows server?

Thanks
Vanya
1. In this moment, my domain name is pointing at the windows DNS since the main page is hosted in the Windows server (it uses ASP). Subdomains for pages hosted in the Linux account are redirected through the Windows server DNS. If I move the domain name to the dedicated (or virtual dedicated) account, how will it work?

We'll just repoint linux part to the new server's IP on Win DNS.

2. And one more question on this: when you say that ASP pages will be kept at the Windows account, I understand that no additional fee will be charged (please confirm) but... what will be the quota in the Windows server?

That's indeed question to billing dpt or hi leaders.
tresuvesdobles
I think I will try as soon as my current plan expires and I will ask the billing Dpt. about those commercial issues. Of course I need to feel that the QoS is going back to normal in order to invest in an upgraded plan.

Maybe I will try a reseller plan for some months before going to dedicated (or virtual dedicated), so that I can test the WHM panel and related features...

Migration from Profi (with splitted Windows & Linux account) to Reseller (with splitted Windows & Linux account) and some months later to Dedicated (with splitted Windows & Linux account) is possible?

The Reseller account would be located at the same 67.15.16.19 server?

Many thanks again
Vanya
Migration from Profi (with splitted Windows & Linux account) to Reseller (with splitted Windows & Linux account) and some months later to Dedicated (with splitted Windows & Linux account) is possible?

It is possible.

Yes, the server's IP won't be changed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here