Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PHP+MySql vs. ASP+Access
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
jasonwhat
I'm trying to develop an online community that offers several functions for members. This is a site that will have a database of non-profits, blog or forumn based info. on non-profit issues, oppurtunities to donate to groups (e-commerce for donations needed). I want members to be able to store their info. on the site, publish there own simple pages -blog etc., and have content delivered based on their preferences, i.e. "I want info. on projects in S. America, or to do with fighting Aids" etc.

People who use php swear by it, but some who use ASP say it is easier to use. Any suggestions? thanks
MartinB
  • PHP is more powerfull.
  • PHP evolution depends of the world comunity, not Microsoft.
  • PHP is free.
  • PHP runs full with Apache, the more powerfull and secure WebServer.
  • Exist in the net lot of sites for php developers, and lot of examples, and lot of
  • codes and lots of open source systems developed, and you can use it for your own projects(GPL)
  • MySQL is the best SQL server for web systems. (and is free too)
If you want in the future install your own server, you can download Apache(for free), and download PHP (for free), and download MySQL (for free too), and put all this in a linux box (free!) (also all this soft is compatible with windows too)... and finally, you have a wonderfull server, with all the best and more used and more supported and more tryied and more fixed (in less time) software in the world, and you only need buy the hardware... wow, this post will never end.

(is only my personal opinion, heh wink.gif )
Dixen
I have to agree with mblendinger on this... he pretty muich ran the list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here