Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Support requests...
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Dixen
Is anyone monitoring support requests?

67.15.36.4 has been down for AT LEAST the past 50 minutes.
marcgo15
QUOTE(Dixen @ Jun 6 2004, 11:36 PM)
Is anyone monitoring support requests?

67.15.36.4 has been down for AT LEAST the past 50 minutes.

Yes its been down a long time. I was in Support for over 25 mins and no support staff came on. My site uses MySQL as the backend and since MySQL is down all of its down sad.gif.
Vanya
Sorry, it's back now.
We've suspended a client who had a script that was flooding mysql server.
Dixen
I would think that there would be something in place to prevent these kinda of things from happening... I just had more than 90 minutes of total downtime that *I* have to explain to my customers.

I cannot continue to try to run a website that I want people to pay to use under these kinds of conditions. This is *NOT* 99% uptime.
Vanya
We're now implementing more strong measures to flooding scripts. It's clients will be suspended so the server's mysql problem will be solved VERY soon.
Glide
Dixen - I couldn't agree with you more. Our customers expect their content to always be up. For some reason we are starting to see more frequent downtime with Hostony. It is really too bad because I have been here since February and have had no complaints. If the downtime continues we will just simply have to leave - we have no choice.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Vanya @ Jun 7 2004, 03:53 AM)
Sorry, it's back now.
We've suspended a client who had a script that was flooding mysql server.

I don't mean to bring up an old topic, but, what exactly is this client script flooding thing?
Dixen
That means someone that was hosting on their servers was running a script that generated *FAR* too much mySQL server traffic and basicly locked just about everyone else out of the mySQL server.

Things like this have been ongoing since AT LEAST the 29th (when I started monitoring the mySQL connection). Based on a rough look at my connection logs downtime is running upwards of 20% right now (I'm on Server 21), which needless to say is UNACCEPTABLE. I'm looking into moving my site to another provider ATM and will be seeking a refund from Hostony for breech of contract.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here