Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mySQL down yet again
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Henry
That must be every day for at least a week now ohmy.gif Server 21, seems to be having a bad day, every time I've looked at server status there are red lights; it's currently showing 4 red lights including disk at 91%!
Stanly
1. MySQL is working correctly at this server as I can see.
2. Our backup system is running at the server and it is the reason of "4 red lights" as you said. Backup process will be finished soon. Sorry for temporary inconveniences.
Dark Hedgehog
Its down again, last I checked 2:20 AM US time.
schapman43
Mine is also down, 4:34am MST
Alec
mysql is ok now and we are looking on it
Dark Hedgehog
Down again.

1:50 PM US my time.
Vanya
Haven't noticed...
Dark Hedgehog
It keeps going down and back up again.
brikface
I wonder if Server 21 has particular mysql problems. As you can tell by the responses to this post of mine:

http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=1890&hl=

there are people who have used Hostony's mysql in very active applications over long periods of time without experiencing anything like what you seem to experience repeatedly. It could be Server 21 or it could be something out of whack in the way you created and/or use your tables.
C.H.U.D.
I'm having the same problem. MySQL is up and down and up and down all day long.
newearth
server 21 MySQL down again 19:25 GMT

This happens at least once a day.
C.H.U.D.
Once a day? Try a dozen. Even better, the response to my last trouble ticket about it was, (paraphrasing, here) "It was only down for a short time. Please open a ticket when it's down for more than a few minutes."

More than a few minutes? It shouldn't be down EVER!
Henry
Agreed. It seems to be up and down all day. It's more noticeable when you are working on a site continuously than if you just load up your page every now and then. Trying to run a forum with a database as unreliable as this is almost impossible, and comments from support like "Haven't noticed" are really not helpful.

Does anyone from Hostony management read these forums? Are you not concerned by the increasingly poor levels of reliability? I honestly cannot remember the last day I didn't have a problem either with mySQL, Stats, or the site going down completely.

And while I'm on the subject, it's just taken 5 minutes to get into CPanel; Server Load is 23 and flashing red, and memory usage 63%!
Henry
Todays problem : Email down. Also, server still showing overloaded and flashing red lights. No response from anyone at Hostony to the points I raised. Why am I still bothering with this host I ask myself?
tresuvesdobles
The same problems at 67.15.16.19 (which I don't really know if it is server 21). MySQL down and up, down and up. Many times each day and almost every day during the last weeks.

It is really annoying!!!
Stanly
I was working on this and MySQL is up and running now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here