Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Software upgrade
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Alec
We are upgrading apache web server to 1.3.31 on all shared servers. It may cause downtime of web server for 5-15 minutes. Sorry for the caused inconveniences.
apsoda
thank you Alec, appreciate the update...

but I *do* wish there was a way for us to be warned in advance of these outages... I'm so tired of finding out from my clients that our sites are down and then having to come in here and see *if* there's a known reason before I start trying to answer their concerns.
MartinB
Yes, reference to this suggestion
Stanly
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Jun 1 2004, 02:37 AM)
Yes, reference to this suggestion

If there will be some changes at the forum, you will them.
At the moment forum is permanent, and will not be changed at the nearest time, sorry. smile.gif
jchrastina
"Sorry"
This truly is a disservice to your longstanding clients.
I still believe a system of posting scheduled outages would NOT be a major burden to you and should be developed.
ChrisP
QUOTE(Alec @ May 31 2004, 09:28 AM)
We are upgrading apache web server to 1.3.31 on all shared servers. It may cause downtime of web server for 5-15 minutes. Sorry for the caused inconveniences.

Not that I am complaining, I think you guys have one of the best values for hosting that I have found, but when you posted this on May 31, how soon was/is this upgrading going to occur?
My site is simply a personal site that I run as a hobby, but I can understand if those that use it for business are not notified in advance of a planned downtime. Have you considered a mailing list that would email clients when you have planned downtime so they could be prepared?
I understand, as everyone should, that things happen that are beyond your control (like the past problems with servers 18 and 19) but there should be a way for us to be notified about planned downtime without having to check this forum.

Just some thoughts from a very satisfied Hostony customer.

Regards,
Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here