Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SSL Support
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Jhailer
I'm trying to implement SSL on my site and get a certificate. Can someone detail what I need to do to get this going? Alec told me via live help that I needed to change my IP.

I'd like to avoid downtime if possible.

Thanks.
Joaquim
phobos
The features required for SSL:

1.) Dedicated IP address for your site (it is cost $3/month).
2.) SSL certificate.

SSL certificate can be self-signed or signed by CA (Certification Authority).

Differences:

Signed by CA.

Signed by CA certificate is valid for all bussines and commerce sites, because CA is response for certificate owner authority. It is cost some money (usualy from $40 to $200) and have expiration date (as domain name). Users don't receive any security alerts, when they browse the site that are protected by signed certificate.

Self-signed.

It is signed by yourself. It is good variant when you don't need to make online bussines, but you are require high encryption for data that are transmiting between your browser and server. When user comes to site that are protected by self-signed certificate they receive security warning.

So, make you choose and be happy with high grade encryption.
Was
But what are the exact steps to implement a SSL certificate, from a SSL certificate authority, on a website hosted by Hostony (e.g. changing settings on the control panel, communication Hostony, etc.)
Stanly
You need to send a request to support@hostony.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here