Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can we have an assurance?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
shaun
that this is going to stop?

hostony keeps saying its another server reboot. exactly how many reboots does one server need? there must be a serious problem if it needs the server rebooting so often yet we arent given any advance warning or even told what the problem is.

is it so hard to fire off a bulk email saying that the server will be down?
dingfelder
Personally, both my sun box and linux boxes average 1 to 2 months between reboots, if not more.

Generally, reboots only happen for me when I have a power outage (which should not happen to them because of backup power) or hardware changes.

I agree that a notice before the server goes down is the LEAST we should expect.
Vanya
We admin that there is an ovlerload problem currently on our server20 because of bad clients scripts.
We're working on it right now and it will be solved asap.
dingfelder
several more hours (4) have gone by and my site is still down. is there an estimated solution time ?
dingfelder
well, I never got a response, after over a week. sad.gif

The server did finally come back up, a couple hours later.

It would be polite to tell me what the problem was and why my site was down for over 5 hours that day huh.gif

Am I the only on one my server that is having constant issues?
Stanly
There was no 5 hours downtime smile.gif
There was a MySQL loader that was the reason of the reboot.
That's all.
dingfelder
I beg to differ. I checked 3 of my domains evry 30 minutes for a period of 7 hours. for 5 of those hours, none of my domains were accessable.

I know a lot of time has gone by since this incident and I assume you have fixed the issues, but please dont try and dodge issues like this when they occur.
Alexandre
OK.
We hope all will be fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here