Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testimonial
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
Red Blaze
Post here and state what you think of Hostony. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Are you neutral? Why?

Personally, despite the trouble we went through last month with all the down times, they always said they would fix the problem, and they did. Not only did they say they would fix it, but they explained the problem. They didn't leave me with the huge question mark(s) over my head.

Service is wonderful as well, the host I was on last time, didn't explain anything. Also said "Well really I don't care, you out of 30 people is the only one having problems, so there tongue.gif" That really ticked me, and made me lose my trust with everyone making business on line. He also said my message board was too big. My message board didn't even have 5 active members at the time. Hostony on the other-hand, I complained and complained, and every time I did they got me satisfied with the answers they gave me. They never said "Well, you out of *insert number here* people is the only one having problems.".

So in general, Hostony has the best service I can possibly run into. I did, however run into a host that has slightly better plans, but that's another story. happy.gif; For now, it's the "baby-sitting" they have to put up with all the time when we complain, and make us happy. For that, Hostony, I thank You for the wonderful service you give us. smile.gif
nsnipes
I too have had a good track record with Hostony.

Sure there have been server down times, dns issues, and a few hickups with email but they have always fixed them in a timely manner. Of course, it would nice to have hosting where every aspect always works and there are no issues to iron out, but this scenario is next to impossible. I have yet to see this happen with any host, and I have hosted with some top dollar companies before.

Hostony has always fixed any problem I had and answered any questions, no matter how dumb they were. And the price to feature ratio is unbeatable. Hats off to Hostony. Thanks.
ryan
I am unhappy with hostony.

ever since i signed up SQL servers have been going down and i get a high script execution time. i dont care if you fix it. it shouldent have gone down to begin with. I have sent a request to get my money back and guess what.... its been 48 hours and still no responce. are you telling me they will wait 30 days so i cant get it back? they are verry slow and i am switching to another host.
Alexandre
Tell me please yuot ticket number and I'll try to help you.
Sorry for inconveniences.
Danimal
I've been with Hostony for two years now. I've enjoyed every minute of it and whenever someone asks me about a web host, I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Now naturally I've been upset with them because there have been problems on occasion and I'm pretty sure that when I signed up I signed up for the "We Host Your Site on a Magical Computer Which, Unlike All Other Computers in the World, Never Has a Single Problem Ever" account, but I've made up for it by opening thirteen trouble tickets and posting snotty messages here on the board rather than just waiting five minutes when it's fixed.

I'd also like to see them upgrade their support staff to a group of psychics so that when a problem is about to happen and I'm about to email them they can already have fixed it and reply to my email in 8 seconds rather than the usual 5 to ten whole minutes I may have to normally wait.

I hope the sarcasm of those last two paragraphs is noted. The support and service are top notch and cannot be beaten. By anyone.

Thank you, Hostony! cool.gif
marcgo15
Other then the MySQL this host is great! My last host only had one person running 4 servers. Once the DNS was down 16 hours, i don't see that happening here smile.gif
Dark Hedgehog
For the longest of time, my last host was greedy, did not care about his customers, did never take any criticism.

He asked for help, people gave him help, yet, he did not listen to them and did things on his own, a waste of crap.

When ANYTHING went down, you would be left in the dust for a few days and not be told anything of what happened but either an email or on his forum which say's usually:

"We are sorry, our servers were out, sorry for the inconvienence"

What a lame excuse, he could have answered earlier for support.

His support is lousy and he can't keep a darn thing up, and, sites are down like 24/7 over there.

Heck, I had people even complaining my site was down more than it was up.

When I moved to Hostony, sheesh, did god answer my prayers?
It was like a dream come true.
I found easy activation, free domain name, bigger replies, outstanding results, friendly workers and all of that in a bag plus more.

Hostony offers what I am really looking for, even if MySQL is down here and there, its only for a short time anyways, not like it is a life threatening thing.

My old host literally disabled everything for a website because of security, which got many customers complaining.
Infact, all his messageboard has was complaints.

I don't know how long Hostony's been up, but, I hardly see as much complaints and such than my older host.

Top it off, Hostony is the greatest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here