Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feedback from MySql users
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
brikface
It would help me a lot if a few of you Hostony customers who have used Hostony's MySql in real world situations can leave messages here briefly describing how it's been for you. I'm developing a small backend for a business and hope to use Hostony's MySql during development and testing so that the business owner can check out my progress and give me input. Have you found the MySql setup here stable enough for live apps? I'd rather not go through changing all my connection statements and sending a special how-to email to this businessman only to find the db on Hostony is flaky and/or down a lot. Thx.
janddhosting
well I run a lot of database depended things on my site.
I have found the database's Mysql here at the begining was very good never no problems. but as of the last few month there have been problems with databases disapearing and reapearing, being down a lot. but it is slowly getting better.
The database side is down a lot less these last few days.

there I ve jinxed it now its going to all go pear shape now lol.
Dark Hedgehog
I haven't had any problems with hostony at all except mysql.
There have been a few downtimes here and there, but, it goes back up and their service is great.
janddhosting
yes I will agree with you there u cannot beat there services realy and there support.
but I am a mysql user most of my stuff involvs the database's and all these problems are cripiling me in a way.

hello I am getting this error and acording to my Cpanel I have no mysql databaes and there should be 11 there please fix this problem as soon as you can.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/janddhos/public_html/deltaprime/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/janddhos/public_html/deltaprime/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
ERROR: Cannot find database janddhos_delta
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/janddhos/public_html/deltaprime/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ibf_sessions WHERE running_time < 1085411247 or ip_address='81.153.12.116'

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
mySQL error code:
Date: Monday 24th of May 2004 04:07:27 PM

I have just submited this to there suport ticket system.

my main anoiance is that when these errors accer I cannot goto mysql section of the cpanel and create a new database which to me even if I could it would make a diiferance for me to bhe able to get a temp forum up to tell my members whats going on.
but nope I cannot create another database till they restore what ever is going wrong. which leaves my high and dry till they do.
janddhosting
ok and they are back again as normal they go they come back./
jgalt1
I use mysql to store requests for information from users. I use a cron job to periodically query and email the requests to myself and have had almost no problems with mysql.

Only problems I've had have been related to downtime and my branded dns servers. Lately, things have been pretty good and stable for me for the most part.
ChrisP
My main website uses a PHP based CMS that uses MySql to store data and I also have an add-on domain that runs Coppermine Photo Gallery that also uses My Sql. I have never had any problems with either one (aside from the old problems with server 18, now fixed) and my photo gallery has over 20,000 pictures in it. I have never had any problems with MySql being down nor have any of my visitors ever mentioned it to me.

So I guess I can give 2 thumbs up to Hostony for their outstanding service.
Alexandre
If you have some problems with MysSQL you can open a ticket by the following link:
http://support.hostony.com/
and we'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
ryan
my MySQL servers keep going down.
Alexandre
Tell me please what is your domain name?
If you want I can move your account to the another server and you'll test this server.
Do you have something against it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here