Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't see jpg's
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
PeterDk
Very strange.... my jpegs aren't showing up for some reason. Is there something that might be causing this? I've checked out several images just straight out of a subfolder and only the gifs show up.

You can check out:
(gone)
(this is just a simple banner pic)
gifs in the same folder show up when you select them from the directory tree.

regards,
Peter
artrocity
The image “http://www.familyheard.com/mt-static/images/HeadGraphic.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

How did you upload these jpgs?
Reupload and be sure to use BINARY mode.
Not ASCII...
PeterDk
Thanks for the tip, it was in ASCII mode (my stupid mistake) but when I changed to binary and uploaded again - still the same problem

I'm really hoping the images themselves have nothing to do with it. I've encoded them with EXIF and IPTC data, which isn't unusual.

Alternatively maybe its my ftp client (Flash fxp) - even though I've told it to upload binary perhaps it is not working right??

Any other suggestions?

Peter
Vanya
I've tried to download the picture from your site and open it locally.
The problem is with the picture indeed.
PeterDk
Thanks for giving it a try. I tried the same thing and indeed it was giving me a problem as well. I've encrypted another photo with new EXIF and IPTC data and it seems to be working - but I still need to check into the other photos and figure out why they aren't working.

I will follow up on this post just in case it isn't local to my machine (or pics).

Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here