Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems with anti-spam checks?
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
davidgue
Hi!

I'm in server23, and since yesterday i'm having intermittent problems in my mailing lists.

My users sometimes receive errors like this one:

---------- 8< -------------- 8< -----------
<colegas@mail.colegas.org>: host colegas.org[67.15.42.48] said:
550-183.red-80-37-203.pooles.rima-tde.net [80.37.203.183] is currently not
550-permitted to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged
into 550-the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP 550
Authentication turned on in your email client. (in reply to RCPT TO
command)
---------- 8< -------------- 8< -----------

Are you changing anything with the antispam checks?

Thanks.
Stanly
No, we did't.
Also as I can see this is a response from remote server so you should contact their support to know more.

Have a nice day.
davidgue
Hi Stanly:

The error is generated by server23 (colegas@mail.colegas.org is a mailing list associated to colegas.org, a domain hosted in my account)

Sever23 (67.15.42.48) is not permitting to "relay" (?) to my user mailhost (80.37.203.183). I don't understand why server23 considers this as relaying as long as "*@colegas.org" should be considered local mail posted from an external mail server. This things occur when an user mailserver is in a balcklist or something.. that's why i was reporting th problem to you.

I administer myself several big mail servers and i'm quite used to this kind of incidents, but in the case of my mailing lists hosted in hostony as i don't have access to the mail logs, it's difficult to trace the problem.

Thanks for any clues.
David.

BTW, can you activate SSH access for david-guerrero.com ?

Thanks again.
phobos
Shell access granted. Please if you will have same problem in future, open new trouble ticket at HelpDesk(http://support.hostony.com).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here