Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SQL Server Going Down Daily!
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
convulted
Hey, it seems that the SQL server used to service my account (anomaly.tk) is going down for a few minutes daily. Please take note, since I actually paid for this service.
Stanly
I'll investigate and fix if there is a problem.
Thanks for letting us know.
convulted
Just so you'd have a better record of when this is occuring, I just noticed that the server is down again right now...

If these problems continue, might it be possible to relocate my SQL services to a different server? Thanks.
Stanly
As I can see MySQL is working correctly at all servers at the moment.
If you have some existing problem please show it me and I'll try to fix immediately.
marcgo15
It just went down as of 8:53am (Eastern Time).

CODE
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/teenzone/public_html/ipb/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/teenzone/public_html/ipb/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
ERROR: Cannot find database teenzone_ibrd1
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/teenzone/public_html/ipb/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

CODE
mySQL query error: SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM ibf_sessions WHERE id='2cf4e6960037688bc5d48f56a8ce9532' and ip_address='172.16.0.29'

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
mySQL error code:
Date: Thursday 20th of May 2004 12:49:26 PM
Stanly
Thanks. I'll have a look at this.
convulted
CODE
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/anomaly/public_html/ibforum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/anomaly/public_html/ibforum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
ERROR: Cannot find database anomaly_ibforums
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/anomaly/public_html/ibforum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

CODE
mySQL query error: SELECT moderator.mid as is_mod, moderator.allow_warn, m.id, m.name, m.mgroup, m.password, m.email, m.restrict_post, m.view_sigs, m.view_avs, m.view_pop, m.view_img, m.auto_track,
                             m.mod_posts, m.language, m.skin, m.new_msg, m.show_popup, m.msg_total, m.time_offset, m.posts, m.joined, m.last_post,
                 m.last_visit, m.last_activity, m.dst_in_use, m.view_prefs, m.org_perm_id, m.temp_ban, m.sub_end, g.*
                 FROM ibf_members m
                   LEFT JOIN ibf_groups g ON (g.g_id=m.mgroup)
                   LEFT JOIN ibf_moderators moderator ON (moderator.member_id=m.id OR moderator.group_id=m.mgroup )
                 WHERE m.id=1

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
mySQL error code:
Date: Thursday 20th of May 2004 08:27:46 PM

It's 22:30 CET, but the log above gives you the time on the server I guess. I'm not sure, but I think the server went down again earlier today.
Vanya
The problem is caused by a temporary overload on the server.
We're now searching for the problem cause so the problem will be fixed asap.
convulted
Ok, thanks a lot. I'll continue posting whenever I notice that it's down.
randyblack
Yes, I am starting to see the same thing happening on server 67.15.42.48. It happened several times this morning. I will post the specific error message next time I see it, but I'm afraid I don't have time to babysit this server all the time.

I have only had this account a few days, and I'm getting ready to launch my website. I never experienced this with my last hosting service. How reliable has service traditionally been?
Dark Hedgehog
Its been happening here and there on my site too.
convulted
I have another website hosted with Hostony and never experienced these problems. They might be specific to a few servers.
ryan
my sql server just went down

its back up now

it was down 5/21/2004 6:07 PM (EST -5)

server ip:67.15.42.48
ryan
its down AGAIN now

PLEASE fix this or I will use my 30 day mony back thing and FIND ANOTHER HOSTING COMPANY!
ryan
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/rakflco/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php on line 101

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/rakflco/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php on line 104
ERROR: Cannot find database rakflco_forum
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/rakflco/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php on line 408
Stanly
Ok, you can monitor your SQL server now.
Must work correctly. Please check.
ryan
thankyou
marcgo15
CODE
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/teenzone/public_html/ipb/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/teenzone/public_html/ipb/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/teenzone/public_html/ipb/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

CODE
mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ibf_sessions WHERE running_time < 1085289554 or ip_address='24.3.50.38'

mySQL error code:
Date: Sunday 23rd of May 2004 06:19:14 AM

My time 2:20am Eastern time.
randyblack
I just got the following error: May 24 2004 14:06:01 : Error connecting to zipmeeting database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock'

The error occured connecting from a short cron job running once a minute. It only happened once this morning. However, I am planning to go live soon and if I'm getting these errors with just ME using it, I imagine it will be much worse with more traffic.
janddhosting
to the above message, I try to run a very database dependant site, and the datasbes going down all the time is cripiling me, I have another host in the wing from this one.

I am getting so sick of these mysql problems I might leave here to think I was thinking of upgrading to a virtual server with them. but I am getting mroe unsure by the day what garentte that I will have that the problems I am getting from them that these problems will not follow through to my VDS?
randyblack
Just got another one: May 25 2004 02:52:20 : Error connecting to zipmeeting database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock'
kingtaco
getting these errors every day now for a few minutes at a time, it's really pissing of my users, and it's starting to irritate me as well:
CODE
Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 5

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php:4) in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 7

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php:4) in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 7
No.
randyblack
I did a little homework.

I have been connecting to "localhost" using mysql_connect(). According to http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-connect.php using "localhost" forces a connection to a local socket. To connect using TCP/IP, they say to use "127.0.0.1" instead. Since all the errors I am getting are socket errors, I am going to switch to "127.0.0.1" and see what happens.
marcgo15
I would like to know what you guys are doing to fix the problem.
marcgo15
Got an error

CODE

CODE
mySQL query error: SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM ibf_sessions WHERE id='51f906fb32c28284b939c10ca69eea54' and ip_address='172.16.0.29'

mySQL error code:
Date: Tuesday 25th of May 2004 12:18:13 PM
kingtaco
getting this error this morning:

CODE
Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 5

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php:4) in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 7

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php:4) in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 7
kingtaco
1.5 hours later and getting:

CODE
Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/riotpix/public_html/forum/index.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/riotpix/public_html/forum/index.php on line 5

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/riotpix/public_html/forum/index.php:4) in /home/riotpix/public_html/forum/index.php on line 6

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/riotpix/public_html/forum/index.php:4) in /home/riotpix/public_html/forum/index.php on line 6
randyblack
OK folks. I'm declairing victory on this on. I'm 24 hours without a single error. Per my previous post, the only change I made was to replace "localhost" with "127.0.0.1" in the mysql_connect() function. All is happiness!

Maybe not a panacea, but it looks to have done the trick for me!

Good luck.
convulted
Thanks randyblack... I just updated the forums on my site to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. I'll post any errors here if they occur.

Dre
kingtaco
getting message AGAIN:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Too many connections in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 4

Could SOMEONE PLEASE at least PRETEND that this is an issue that tech support is working on?!?!?!
Vanya
Sorry, it's back now.
We're now implementing more strong measures to flooding scripts. It's clients will be suspended so the server's mysql problem will be solved VERY soon.
jeff.buzzell
I was curious to hear if this problem has been resolved. I am in my 30-day trial period and run a DB depensant site. I am interested to hear if there have been any problems since the 7th of June.
Alec
Yes it is fixed now
kingtaco
well, i've been on a vacation for the past 10 days, and now that i'm back... i open riotpix.com, and lo and behold, the same errors:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Too many connections in /home/riotpix/public_html/include2.php on line 4

marcgo15
ERROR: Cannot find database teenzone_ibrd4

There appears to be an error with the TeenZone101 Network Forum database.
    You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here
mySQL query error: SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM ibf_sessions WHERE id='fd40b9377cde5273fb7b39f87a7d79e3' and ip_address='24.3.50.38'

mySQL error: Too many connections
mySQL error code:
Date: Monday 21st of June 2004 05:21:13 PM

I have it also.
marcgo15
Okay its back. Just a little slow. Other then that everything is fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here