Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 67.15.16.19 down?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
tresuvesdobles
My pages at the Linux server 67.15.16.19 cannot be accessed. Server down?
steveocn
I have the same problem. sad.gif
MartinB
the server is online again for me.
tresuvesdobles
Back for me also

huh.gif
MartinB
i am seriously worried for the last month status of server20.
Stanly
Server is up now and working correctly.
There was a small network outage. Sorry for possible inconveniences.
Dark Hedgehog
Again? That was the second one.
lol
Red Blaze
It must of been the same server as the other one Dark, so it's not really "again". tongue.gif
shaun
im on 67.15.16.19 as well. not sure if thats the server or something?

but anyay its just been down AGAIN for about 10 minutes. it goes down for ten minutes or so all the time, and members of my site are already complaining.

we left the last host after server troubles and came here but weve had a lot more server problems here than we did there.

it seems we arent on our own as well by the looks of all the complaints about sites that are down that uy get on here.

what exactly is the problem that causes u to go down so much?

site is footy-talk.net http://67.15.16.19/~footyta/
user name: footyta
Stanly
It was just a server reboot.
Now it is up and working correctly.
shaun
ok so yesterday was a server reboot?

what about the day before that? and a few days before that?

and what about just now? its been down for 10 minutes and just came back up.

you cant expect us to believe you reboot that often can you?

its ok but customers expect your site to be up and if its down for 10 minutes or down for 5 hours it has the same effect. the visitors look at the site, assume its dead and dont come back, they dont know its being rebooted and will be back in 10 minutes.

and it makes it worse when the 'reboots' all happen during the sites busiest periods.
ryan
dont feel bad. my servers sql server kept going down mad.gif if this continues. ill find another host

EDIT: btw... how much of there 1% a year uptime guarantee did they waste on you with downtime?
Red Blaze
Well you can't expect a server to be perfect. Even I have problems with my site. It goes down every once in a while, but most of the time it's been up. When it goes down it's mostly for about 3-4 minutes. And if you look around here somewhere, 99.9% uptime is quite a couple of hundred minutes of downtime a month, so expect that from a server giving you 99.9% uptime.

I believe that Hostony is actually trying to make us happy. Not like other hosts that leave you in the dark not knowing what's happening. You might say that's not true, but believe me, for my experience, Hostony's top-notch and legit.
RAGEnCHAOS
ok just some fun Facts

We do our best to provide our clients with reliable hosting solutions. Our claims are backed with our 99% uptime guarantee. If our monitoring system registers server downtime for more than 1% of the month, we'll issue a prorated credit toward your next service contract with HOSTONY

Ok in a normal 30 Day month we have 43,200 Minutes in a Month

60 * 24 * 30 = 43,200

Now they say 99% uptime

so i will take the 43,200 and multiply it by 99% which means 42768 Minutes Up Time

43,200 * 99% = 42,768

ok now take the 43,200 subtract the 42,768 and you get 432 Minutes

43,200 - 42,768 = 432

now the 432 divide by 60 is 7.2 hours a month of downtime

so if they are in that range then there good

sorry i had to rant i am also on Server 20 :-/ i have no worries
shaun
well 14.4 minutes a day is 1% isnt it? its been down for roughly 10 minutes so far today, maybe slightly over.

yesterday was down for approximatly 15 minutes.

so no they arent going above the 1% at the minute but they are coming very close to it.

just wanna know the reason really. its not as thought i goes down for a long period and is then ok its more that it keeps going down practically every day for around 10 minutes
Vanya
We're now fighting with the server's problem.
We'll fix it asap.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Red Blaze @ May 22 2004, 12:01 PM)
Well you can't expect a server to be perfect. Even I have problems with my site. It goes down every once in a while, but most of the time it's been up. When it goes down it's mostly for about 3-4 minutes. And if you look around here somewhere, 99.9% uptime is quite a couple of hundred minutes of downtime a month, so expect that from a server giving you 99.9% uptime.

I believe that Hostony is actually trying to make us happy. Not like other hosts that leave you in the dark not knowing what's happening. You might say that's not true, but believe me, for my experience, Hostony's top-notch and legit.

lol, the host you are talking about is Host Ultra, THEY leave you in the dark without ANY explanations of what goes on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here