Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AWstats
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
martijn_2m
Suggestion :

It would be good to permanently exclude certain ip adresses from AWstats pages. I have people working on my sites from a couple of different adresses that I would like to permanently exclude from all the domains aw stats.

For instance, keep a file in the home dir of my domains called excludeawstats.txt and have that automatically excluded from AWstats listings (low maintenance and self configurable solution).

Regards,
Martijn
Alexandre
You can subscribe your requst with more details on the Help Desk:
http://support.hostony.com
and we''ll try to help you.
MartinB
let me know if the martijn_2m's request is possible to implement.
thank you.
Stanly
It is possible only if you will deny access to all of your domains from these IPs (you can do it at your control panel).
MartinB
i found some info, may be it will help for something:

SkipHosts Directive
Version : 1.0+ (5.6+ for REGEX syntax)

AWStats configuration directives/options

Maybe it can't be usable for shared hosting huh.gif

i hope this will be usefull for you smile.gif
phobos
What is the status of your trouble ticket?
If it is not closed please give me it number.
LP_
I don't know, but it sounds like you are asking for a change in AwStats (a completely unrelated software), not the service provided here.. I'm surprised that Hostony is even offering to help with this, way to go Hostony! smile.gif

But, a quick an dirty way to do this would be to make a script that directly removes those addresses from your log (or a copy of it) before AwStats processes the logs..? With the crontab.. or something.. when they're dumped into your home directory.

It seems to me the SkipHost option would cause these hosts to be ignored for all domains on that host, and if it's shared virtual hosts that's no good. It might be possible to do something with the Include directive and have a file in each user's home directory with the hosts they want to skip, but I don't know how flexible is AwStats for this.

I was looking at AwStats lately because it's a HUGE resource hog and many providers simply don't use it (thanks Hostony). It's a shame that there's no stand alone version for windows, otherwise people could just do their own graphs when they check their logs. (You need to install ActiveState's complete Perl distribution if you want to run AwStats on Windows).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here