Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: old database
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
marcgo15
If i backed up the main database from my old host would it work on here? If so would it work just fine or would i have to edit things?

Marc
Dark Hedgehog
That's exactly what I did and its working fire for me now.

You need to do a backup of the entire thing.

I would recommend getting your mysql databases seperately, might cause problems.

I backed it up and used public_html to my site and wala, it was back up in a flash after almost 2 hours of uploading :P

But their servers are fast!!!!
Stanly
You will have phpMyAdmin available in any case, so you will be able upload your backup cool.gif
Dark Hedgehog
Darn, I forgot about that.

The reason why you need to backup your entire site with PhpMyAdmin is because Host Ultra is too selfish.
He told me he doesn't offer shell access, the heck?
You don't offer it, you enable it.

And they can't get to the PhpMyAdmin or anything, so, you have to do it manually.

Point is- Host Ultra now ######s.
marcgo15
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ May 15 2004, 05:04 AM)
Darn, I forgot about that.

The reason why you need to backup your entire site with PhpMyAdmin is because Host Ultra is too selfish.
He told me he doesn't offer shell access, the heck?
You don't offer it, you enable it.

And they can't get to the PhpMyAdmin or anything, so, you have to do it manually.

Point is- Host Ultra now ######s.

Okay thanks for the replys

He knows that people aren't happy with him and his service. I think he disabled ftp access to move the account here because the username or password isn't working and there both right. He thinks making things harder will stop me from not leave i think wink.gif laugh.gif.
Dark Hedgehog
Ugh, Host Ultra pisses me of so much now.

Sure, he is in control, but, it backfired on him.

Geez, just look at his forums, you can just say its full of complaints and help related problems!
I've never seen a site need THAT many solutions.

And I agree, Host Ultra is getting VERY stupid, one of the many reasons I quit his hosting.

And he kept persuading me to stay.

Such immatureity like "24/7 hour support will be up"
I don't freaking care, your service, ######s, I can hardly navigate ANYTHING, you can't take suggestions, you are too selfish....argh...I hate Host Ultra now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here