Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DNS help
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Dark Hedgehog
I am a bit confused on this DNS.

I have a domain name from www.namecheap.com and want to point it to my new account here.

I already pointed the namecheap domain name, the one I bought, to this account.

But when I try to add my site domain name in cpanelx in parked domains, it won't put it in.

Also, I put in the dns nameservers as specified in the email I got.

So what do I do now?
yky
How many websites have you got. If you bought a free domain with your hosting than you dont need to do anything hostony staff will point the dns servers to their's you dont have to do anything. and about parked domain, i would wait atleast 48 hours for my main domain to propagate before adding any more parked/addon domains.

YKY
Dark Hedgehog
So I should cancel my namecheap.com account?

And I have one website.
So, they automatically give me a domain name?

Hmm, just wait 48 hours, I see.
yky
Hostony offers one free domain with any hosting packages, so you are entitle for one free domain. and about cancelling your domain, i'll doubt it if it's possible. I'll keep it and get a free domain as well, just send your email to sales@hostony.com or billing@hostony.com regarding your free domain. and explain that you've paid via paypal, and hence the reason for not having the option at signup.

Y.K.Y.
Dark Hedgehog
I shall do that.

Should I provide proof of purchase?
yky
just send them your account information with any invoice numbers, and the new domain name with the extension, and make sure the domain is available.

Y.K.Y
Dark Hedgehog
I removed it from my old host, would it be available?
yky
what i meant by available, is you should do a whois search to see if the new free domain name that you want to apply is availabe for you to buy.

Y.K.Y.
Dark Hedgehog
Point is, I already have a domain name.

I just want to add it into my parked domain thing in cpanelx.

I have had my domain name ever since I joined host ultra's hosting.
yky
my previosu post should be:

what i meant by available, is you should do a whois search to see if the new free domain name that you want to apply is availabe for you to have.

you dont usually buy stuff if its free biggrin.gif

it toooooo early for me. tongue.gif

Y.K.Y.
yky
well if you have a domain name than you dont need to park it into your hosting account. All you need to do is login to namecheap.com and change the dns servers to the one's that your received from hostony, they should be something like nsxx.hostony.com, nsxx.hostony.com.

Domain parking is used when you have more than one domain name. Lets say if you got abc.com, and you have got abc.co.uk and abc.net. Let say if abc.com was your main domain than you just park abc.co.uk and abc.net to your main domain. and everytime a visiotr comes to your abc.co.uk/abc.net they wil be automatically redirected to abc.com.

so you have:

abc.com <- main
abc.co.uk <- point to abc.com
abc.net <-points to abc.com

Y.K.Y.
Dark Hedgehog
In that case, I will wait for it to propogate.

I already have the nameservers set.

Also, you gave me a good idea, thanks.
yky
what ever you do DONT cancel that domain. keep that as your main account, and use the dns settings that you received from hostony with that domain.
Dark Hedgehog
Exactly, I asked for a free domain, a .com domain, and plan to point that to my .net domain :P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here