Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MySQL Database Location
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
jed
I am trying to use Dreamweaver to connect to a database and I'm told that I'm not setting dreamweaver up correctly, so if anyone that knows Dreamweaver (not necissarily Hostony Support, but anyone) could help that would be great!! Or anyone that has any answers to the non-Dreamweaver questions:

NON-DREAMWEAVER QUESTION:

1) Where are the MySQL database's located? I am trying to dynamically connect to them but I need to know where they are located.
- I was reading the cPanel FAQ and it says "Click on the Add Db button. The database will be added to the /var/lib/mysql folder." but I don't have that directory on my site?????

DREAMWEAVER QUESTION:

2) Anyone know what the heck is wrong with my configuration when I get the following error trying to "select" the database (using DR MX - not 2004).
http://www.pennafamily.com/temp5.jpg

Any help, suggestions, and idea's would be helpful. I'm trying to keep from breaking out my Perl editor and creating the whole database portion using Perl and text files wink.gif

Thanks in advance!!
-Jed
jed
UPDATE:
Also getting this error
http://www.pennafamily.com/temp6.jpg

Any idea's?

Thanks!!
-Jed
Vanya
MySQL database's are located on our server. You don't need to know the path.

MySQL remote connection details:

Port is 3306
Host: your domain or server's IP
username/password: created user's info for database(from Cpanel - MySQL)
You'll also need to add your computer IP to allowed hosts there(Cpanel - MySQL) and to open a ticket requesting to open port 3306 for your local IP on our firewall.
jed
Thank you, I've submitted a ticket to open port 3306.

I'll post after that is finished and let everyone know how it went and if it works.

Thanks,
Jed
jed
Ok, Port 3306 has been opened (or so I'm told via the ticket system -> thank you to Hostony for quick response!!!!) but I'm still getting:

http://www.pennafamily.com/temp6.jpg

Any idea's?

Thanks,
Jed
Vanya
Have you added your computer's IP to allowed hosts (Cpanel - MySQL)?
jed
Yes I have, thank you for checking smile.gif

-Jed
Vanya
Ok, now check your login and pass for it.
Looks like there is a problem in it according to posted figure.
jed
Check smile.gif

I have setup several, one of the temporary ones I setup in case anyone would like to help is:

USERNAME: user
PASSWORD: ******* (I'll send to you via a message board message)

But even that one isn't working. Although in my cPanel it does say "pennafam_user" instead of "user" but that isn't what I put in??? I'm only putting "user" into the login but I have tried the other and it didn't seem to work any better.

*Again, this is only a temporary login for this issue, it will be deleted once I figure this out.

Thanks,
Jed
phobos
To connect MySql server remotely you need:

1.) Open trouble ticket with mysql remote access request.
You must specify your IP adress or IP range.

You can determine your IP address by visiting http://whatismyip.com.
If your ISP gives you dynamic IP for each session, you may call to ISP tech support to find out your IP range.

2.) Create database user in your Control Panel.

Each mysql user have username_ prefix, where username is your login to Control Panel.
So full username will be username_dbusername.

3.) Create database from your Control Panel and assign it to user.
Your database will also have usename_ prefix.

4.) Add "%" to MySql access from hosts.

After this steps you be able to connect remotely to your database.

Enjoy.
jed
Thank you very much. I will try all of these when I get home.

Then I'll report back.

THANK YOU!!!

biggrin.gif
-Jed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here