Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server question
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Greetings. I am interested in ordering the Profi package and I was wondering if it could be used as a server for practices for my clan. We only practice once a week. If I can do that what package would be good? I am short on cash and the website itself will only use 1 Gig a month.
Serge
Can you tell me more what do you mean by ''practices". Any activity that doesn't violates the law and our AUP (spam or server overloading) can be allowed.
Anonymous
Well everyone in my clan gets together and practices strategy so we can win in clan matches and get better. Like I said we will only be doing it once a week or once every 2 weeks.
Serge
Sorry but you answer doesn't answer my question. In other way I need to know:

1. What scripts will be run on the server
2. How much CPU resources will you need during practice
Anonymous
Sorry. Its Day of Defeat (a Half-Life modification) and it won't use up much system resources. Someone told me if 10 people are on it will act as 10 people were visiting the site. I am not 100% sure.
Serge
Definetely no. Halflife server requires much CPU power. Especially for 10 people. If you'll start it on shared servers all other users will have performance issues and you even can kill a shared server with it.

We can allow it only on dedicated server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here