Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mail server not working
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
tresuvesdobles
Dear friends,

My account tresuvesdobles.com is located at Windows server 69.56.161.186 and I have some mail problems:

When I send an email to Hotmail or MSN accounts from my Outlook (SMTP server configured as tresuvesdobles.com) I continously receive this automatic reply:

MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.

Message is waiting at win1.fastbighost.com for delivery to mx4.hotmail.com.

Reason: Mail Server for hotmail.com could not be contacted at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.

Please help since a few days ago it was working properly.

NOTE: The same problem has always appeared when sending an email from my website by means of CDOSYS and never was solved.
phobos
You receive this message when hotmail servers inaccessible or overloaded.
Your messages is get in to the out queue and wait to deliver.
tresuvesdobles
I know what this error means, but it does not seem to be a problem at the destination end but at our server. Now I am also receiving similar answers from other servers such as Yahoo, iEspana, etc.

Please check outgoing mail service in this server.
phobos
Server pass all SMTP diagnostic.
Mail is going to all targets hosts.
There are 15 messages in SMTP outbound queue.
tresuvesdobles
Many thanks. I will wait until tomorrow to see if there is some external problem.
tresuvesdobles
Could you please confirm if the outgoing queue is clearand the 15 pending messages have already been delivered?

Thanks
phobos
Hmm ...
Hotmail have serious problems with network.
All recipients from outbound queue are served by Hotmail.

Enjoy Microsoft smile.gif
tresuvesdobles
Many thanks!

Sure I hate Microsoft... but unfortunately I learnt ASP in the past and I am somehow forced to use Win hostings and some other Bill Gates rubbish... Not enough time to learn PHP!

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here