Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Service down
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
MartinB
wizhosting.com.ar
Server 20

Ticket ID #6425
Stanly
We're rebooting the server at the moment.
Also if you've already submit a ticket please do not duplicate it here, at forum.
MartinB
Ok, Sorry Stanly.
for the future: What is the more fast way for an advice ? Tickets or Forum ?

Thanks.
brikface
Dang, this is a long reboot. Been at least 18 minutes now...

BrikFace
Red Blaze
My site is also down.

http://www.thesonicjoint.com

It can't even find the server. Is it really a reboot?

EDIT: Now it just doesn't give me a page. It gives me a 404.
brikface
About 40 mins now... 99% guaranteed uptime allows for about 32 minutes downtime per month... No intention to hold Hostony to the guarantee, but this is getting to be a concern...

BrikFace
Chaos
Mine too www.chaosutopia.net
again!
shaun
mines down as well i think http://67.15.16.19/~footyta/

how do i know what server im on and how would i open a support ticket if i needed to?
Red Blaze
I seriously doubt this is a reboot. Reboots do NOT cause an hour of down time. Please give us, your customers may I remind you, the main reason why our sites are down. Sorry if I'm being rude, but 'come on. A reboot causing a downtime of one hour?

Also, who's in charge of keeping track of the forums here in Hostony? Granted, these are alot of complaints one can handle, and needs a break, but Hostony is a business, isn't it? It can not be run by one person.
schoppert
I must be on the same box ... and its still down.

(no access to Cpanel / mail / web )

Any projected up-time ?

There really should be notifications for this kind of outage !
Chaos
Just come back up, try it now guys.
Red Blaze
nope, my site is still down.

Pretty soon I plan to make a bussiness online, and if this is going to be happening, no way would I put my business site here. I'll lose alot of customers of my own, AND money as well. I know I trust you guys the most, but this is pathetic. I do know of another site that has more space, more bandwidth, for cheaper. I won't advertise it here because I'm still giving Hostony chances. Why? Because I trust hostony would try to keep their customers happy one way or another. They did it before, and no doubt would they do it again.
brikface
For the record, back up at 3:55 US EDT. At least 65 minutes downtime.
Red Blaze
QUOTE(brikface @ Apr 27 2004, 07:56 PM)
For the record, back up at 3:55 US EDT. At least 65 minutes downtime.

heh, mine is still counting the time.

There, now it works. I still want a resonable explanation. >_>;
Niakie
lol not to be off topic but 99% uptime allows for about 432 mins downtime in a 30 day period.... Over all I find Hostony's service to be better then anywhere else I have hosted, and they are quick to respond to problems... I am however looking forward to a mailing list so that we know when the servers will be rebooted, taken down for maintance, or if there was a problem during a given period! And as I understand it that is in the works at the moment!
Red Blaze
Well, mine's counting the time again. It can't find the server. Why is this happening back to back?
Chaos
yup, gone again
plukenzo
And down again! (mail, website and ftp)
Server was up for a couple of minutes. A reboot again? dry.gif Are we working on a microsoft OS?!? wink.gif
More feedback would help!
schoppert
And back up ...
Stanly
There was a network outage.
Server is up now and working normal - you can test.

Sorry for possible inconveniences.
brikface
QUOTE(Niakie @ Apr 27 2004, 08:04 PM)
lol not to be off topic but 99% uptime allows for about 432 mins downtime in a 30 day period....

arf, shouldn't have done it in me head. I think for April server20 is getting close to that, tho.
Niakie
I've actually had it pretty lucky since I started hosting here (ummm since October I believe) It started out a little rocky, but (knock on wood) things have been flowing smoothly the last few months...
MartinB
well, web is working now but i can't send a mail.

- Can't connect to mail.wizhosting.com.ar "CONNECTION REFUSED"

i think you are working in that, but i think putting a notice is never a bad choice for me. wink.gif

thanks for the work, i hope you can fix it soon.

have a nice day.-
MartinB
all working now.
thanks for the work.
dingfelder
99% guaranteed uptime allows for about 32 minutes downtime per month...
lol not to be off topic but 99% uptime allows for about 432 mins downtime in a 30 day period....

How did you guys calculate what 99% uptime means ?

I calculate (365 days) * 24 = roughly 8760 hours a year.
8760 / 12 = 730 hours a month.

1% downtime = roughly 7.3 hours a month of downtime is allowed.

Am I missing something ?
brikface
QUOTE(dingfelder @ Apr 28 2004, 12:25 AM)
How did you guys calculate what 99% uptime means ? 

I calculate (365 days) * 24 = roughly 8760 hours a year.
8760 / 12 = 730 hours a month.

1% downtime = roughly 7.3 hours a month of downtime is allowed.

Am I missing something ?

7.3 hours a month is basically 400+ minutes, as reported by the guy who corrected me.

BrikFace
Vanya
7.3 hours a month is right indeed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here