Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internal Server Error
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Bluefin221
Guys I created an oscommerce shop the other day had this all running great until I noticed that it said SSL database not secure I read somewhere that I had to make a file called:

.htaccess and upload it to the shop directory, it also said I had to have something in the file. Anyway not really the issue.

My issue is that I have uploaded the file and I can't see it in the directory, when I upload the item again it asks do I want to overwrite the item which means it is there.

The URL is www.calton221.com/shop and the directory is under shop on the www server how do I see this file or delete it?
Toph1980
Do you use a FTP client? Check your filter list to ensure you can view file extensions you want visible in your file browser window. Also, Hostony support SSL but you will need a SSL certificate. You have to buy it (ask Hostony if they sell SSL certificates as I dunno).

Toph1980 =)
Toph1980
You can actually contact Hostony's support for advice on SSL purchase.
Bluefin221
It doesn't have a file extension.

.htaccess is the md5 secure system for storing passwords and I can't see any on my server anywhere. I really need to see this one in the shop section though to delete it as the shop stopped working as soon as I uploaded this file.

I still have the file on my PC aswell this is honestly bursting my head mad.gif
Toph1980
Yeah I know but you can just filter the actually file name as an extension - .htaccess - and it will work.. It did the trick for me anyway on my filter list.

Toph1980
Bluefin221
I already did that, not much luck with this sad.gif
artrocity
i use wsftp occasionally and you can view "hidden" files
by using the -al mask right under the mkdir button

or request ssh access and edit from a LINUX prompt.
Vanya
.htaccess is hidden file but you can still upload it
indeed, you can edit it using ssh access
Bluefin221
I have no idea how to do the above. Basically all I want is to delete the bloody file from the shop folder on my server as it should work after this.
Stanly
I removed this file from your shop directory.

Have a nice day smile.gif
LP_
There's an issue with .htaccess files not showing up remotely with Dreamweaver if I remember correctly (at least for me, with MX version). You can upload it and it will be there but it won't show up.. Just go through the cPanel file manager to edit/delete it.

Also, .htaccess is not specific to osCommerce or passwords. It's specific to the Apache web server, that's the text-file you put per-directory specific options in. If you put so much as an extra comma in it you'll get internal server errors.

And if the info you found didn't, I advise putting the actual password files outside your /public_html directory so they're less accessible by exploits. The .htaccess file just contains paths to them.
Bluefin221
I managed to find out how to do it and also deleted the file stanley. Seems to be working fine now anyway.

How can I secure the SSL connection.
dragonfli
Check out my post just below this one. I had ssl and self owned certificate set up, it worked perfectly for a while.
I just purchased the certificate and Hostony set up the Ip (you need a dedicated IP for ssl); they also installed the certificte for me - click on the https link in that post to see it in action.

Unfortunately at the momment regular http no longer functions ( it did yesterday)
so all links i have that are http specific no longer work.
but ssl works great! too bad only checkout is properly set up for it biggrin.gif heh heh biggrin.gif and my google limks all point to the http homepage meaning I am effectively dead, oh well they will fix it in the end I am sure. I mean, it worked perfectly for two months of store development.
Vanya
dragonfli
Should be ok now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here