Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a few questions aboutr features.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
shaun
Im on the profi account and im confused (nothing new there then) about features that i think im supposed to have but dont know how to use them

subdomains.
it says theyre unlimited? how do i go about setting them up so i have for example forums.footy-talk.net (footy-talk.net being my main domain)

shopping carts? im sure i saw something sayig that shopping carts (or some form of shopping thing) was available but now when i check the hosting page it seems to have dissapeared? am i imagining things?

and stats. it says stats.footy-talk.net should show my stats but how do i login to see them or activate them?

thanks.
Toph1980
Check your CPanel:

Icon 17 from top = Web/FTP Stats
Icon 21 from top = Subdomain Stats

Regarding SHOPPING CARTS: If you got an icon in Cpanel entitled Scripts Library click on it. You will be given the option to install osCommerce which is a brilliant shopping cart system.

You should also have an icon in Cpanel entiteld Agora Shopping Cart.

And through Fantastico (not on all servers yet) you can also install PHPCOIN which is a PHP-based shopping cart system.

As for SUBDOMAINS and how to setup them check out this Hostony flash tutorial:

*Note: Keep in mind your PROFI Account only allows unlimited subdomains but ONLY 1 MAIN DOMAIN meaning you can setup all the subdomains you want but no ADDON domains.

Regards,
Toph1980
Stanly
subdomains.
it says theyre unlimited? how do i go about setting them up so i have for example forums.footy-talk.net (footy-talk.net being my main domain)
You can do it via your control panel ->subdomains section.

shopping carts? im sure i saw something sayig that shopping carts (or some form of shopping thing) was available but now when i check the hosting page it seems to have dissapeared? am i imagining things?

As I can see you have Windows based hosting.
Pre-installed scripts like shopping carts are available only for Linux hosting.

do i login to see them or activate them?

I updated stats for you.
Now you can see them at stats.footy-talk.net
shaun
thanks a lot smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here