Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site's Down
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Red Blaze
http://www.thesonicjoint.com

Dunno if it's in my end or something, but the site's been going up and down and loosing connection with the database. As I type this it's down. Is there something going on? Sorry if I missed an announcment.
Alec
We has some problems on server 20 today. They were caused by php flood through cron. We've found out it and the server is running properly now.

Sorry for the inconveniences caused.
dingfelder
is www.computingasyoulikeit.com on server 20 ? (if not what server is it on?) I'm having prolems today as well (still occuring)
Red Blaze
well according to my end, it's not fixed. The site is down, yet again. It's been happening Please fix this ASAP as I have work to do. And please don't move my account to another server because I don't want to go through roll backs again. sleep.gif;
tnfg
Site down again.

[thenorthfaceguy.com]

Prolonged outages are daily occurances, until the peak of mul-day outages (at least once a quarter).

Can we get some host stability, please?
3drt
F#ck! I just bought 2 years with you guys. What the heck?! I can't afford downtime even for a second, I loose f..ng money!
I'd better pay twice more to more reliable hosting. If it won't up in 5 minutes and go down again even for a second I request moneyback. I'm serious. mad.gif
dingfelder
they only promise 99% reliability.

There are over 700 hours a month. That means your site can be down for over 7 hours a month sad.gif

To achieve the stability you mention, would 99.99% reliability. Most hosts will not promise that.
Alexandre
Yes, it is true.

It was a planned reboot for system purposes.
We did fschk - file system checking.
Sorry for caused inconveniences.
dingfelder
If it was planned ahead of time, wouldn't it be good to notify the admin contacts for domains on that server that their service was going to be interrupted ? (espessially when you consider the long amout of time our sites were offline.)
phobos
Notifycation system will be avaible in nearest future.
splufdaddy
A notification system would be very much appreciated, both for planned outages, and to report to us unexpected outages. I'm sure you dont like broadcasting any downtime that users might have missed, but it does come in handy when trying to diagnose problems, and when a client asks why their site was down. With a notification system in place, we can tell them whether it was the host's problem or the client's problem.
jchrastina
Hostony:

With the existing forum structure, I find myself constantly drilling into every posting to find anything related to the servers I am on. It is inefficient and time consuming.

The request for a clear-cut notification system AHEAD of time has been in your hands for a very long time, in one form or another. Months ago, suggestions were made that you create a single section in this forum at which you would constantly display current server status for ALL servers and, most importantly, scheduled outages. You have also had multiple requests for advance emails to account-holder email addresses. That would definitely be more pro-active than webpages each of us would have to visit.

These are all extremely good requests and one or more of them should be implemented by Hostony within the next few WEEKS. I really see no reason for you to NOT be able to create email distribution lists for each of your servers by the end of MAY, AT THE LATEST.

This would go a very long way toward demonstrating your support for and committment to YOUR loyal clients. We, in turn, can thus be much better providers for OUR clients.

Thanks.
phobos
Please post your suggestions to Suggestions thread of the forum.
jchrastina
OKAY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here