Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sites down
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Chaos
http://www.chaosutopia.net/

Any chance one of you could investigate please.
Chaos
Ah just came back up, anyone know what happened?
jchrastina
See this:
Sites bouncing

YFZHQ and you are on the same server at 67.15.16.19, server20.fastbighost.com.
dingfelder
hmmm...

with that url, I get:

Pinging chaosutopia.net [67.15.16.19]:

Ping #1: * [No response]
Ping #2: * [No response]
Ping #3: * [No response]
Ping #4: * [No response]

Done pinging chaosutopia.net!
Alexandre
But I'm get
Ping to chaosutopia.net
Generated by www.DNSstuff.com at 01:09:05 GMT on 24 Apr 2004.

Pinging chaosutopia.net [67.15.16.19]:

Ping #1: Got reply from 67.15.16.19 in 37ms [TTL=50]
Ping #2: Got reply from 67.15.16.19 in 36ms [TTL=50]
Ping #3: Got reply from 67.15.16.19 in 49ms [TTL=50]
Ping #4: Got reply from 67.15.16.19 in 39ms [TTL=50]

Done pinging chaosutopia.net!
dingfelder
I agree that the pinging works much better, 4 hours later.

So the question is: what changed in those last few hours since we all tried this afternoon ?
phobos
Yesterday there was a small problem related with routing on some ISP's.
dingfelder
I'm sorry Igor, but I'm skeptical. blink.gif

I tried to access 4 separate domains that were hosted through hostony, and all had issues. All dns issues with pings failing to connect to your servers.

I was accessing from 3 different ISPs as well, and other customers had similar complaints. Furthermore, checking with one of my ISPs, they said thay had no issues, and I had no problems connecting to non-hostony sites.

Additionally, Hostony has stated in a different thread that they took at least one server down during this time.

Having said that, I am now to believe that my 3 domains all were down for 2+ hours and it is my ISP's fault ? sad.gif I'm just glad I didn't depend upon the income from a site that was down.

Don't get me wrong. I like the service Hostony provides, and can live with some downtime. I understand that I am only guaranteed 99% uptime, which means I can be down for several hours each month. I do not think hostony has violated this agreement. Most of the time, the service has been stable.

I do however expect honesty and prompt communication of issues though if and when they do occur. In this area, service could be improved, in my opinion.

In a seperate posting, an admin said they were implementing a notification system of planned down time. That would be a great first step. In general though, it is very easy to blame the rest of the internet and ISP. IMHO, this comes across as not stepping up to the plate and dealing with issues as they arise.

Thats my 2 cents worth.

Andy D
swift535
first, I agree with everything he ^^ just said.

2nd, my site is also down, again. And its not my ISP. I tested it from www.dnsstuff.com as well. Anyways this has been happening on and off for 4 days (site will go down, come back an hour later, then go down again). When are you REALLY going to fix whatever's causing it? I guess its just that it seems that whatever you guys have been doing to fix it hasn't been a long term solution, but a series of "quick fixes" that allows the problem to surface again. Any idea when things will become stable again?
Vanya
We'll correct the situation ASAP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here