Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ChiliASP support
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Ntara
We require ChiliASP support to host our site. Would you consider installing ChiliASP as a hosting feature or perhaps for a specific site?
:?: thanks
Serge
We have a RAQ 4 that has ChiliSoft ASP. We can discuss putting your site there. If you are interested, please let me know. As for our normal servers we won't install ChiliSoft ASP there as it is a resource hog and only 1 from 1000 customers asks for it. It is not wise to have such a hog on shared servers when the need in it is so low.

Also PHP in linux environment performs much better than ChilisoftASP and is much more flexible. Many our customers who considered ASP ended up with PHP and are quite happy with it.
Ntara
Yes, we will be hosting the site mainly in PHP, but we require ChiliASP to host a forum. So will it be possible on your site? And will the charges be different or can we go for the Profi package with ChiliASP support.
-thanks
Serge
Hmm. I doubt RAQ is a good box for phorum hosting. Can you give me a link to your site. If you don't want to post it in public please email to serge@hostony.com
Ntara
:arrow: Here is the site url http://www.gcmb.com.au/

We have just shifted hosts and the site is being revamped. And its a snitz forum that we require on our site, our earlier forum was a phpbb one, but for whatever reasons, the client wants the snitz forum now. My client has tons of sites with php and we wanted to try out hostony for this site. It'd be great if we could get it up.
-thanks
Serge
Thanks, I checked your site. I guess old RAQ 4 with 450 Ghz CPU is a very low config box to run ASP forums. The box will be overloaded and it will cause problems to our other customers hosted on that box.
Sorry we cannot host your forums sad.gif

I recommend you check out invisionboard.com for good php based bulleting board. I have not anything faster and cleaner yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here