Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site Down - Server 17??
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
nsnipes
Anyone else on server 17 having problems with your site?
swift535
www.6thgenaccord.com ---> yes. also my friend's site, i believe he's on server 17 as well (www.vaccords.com)
nsnipes
I just read in another post that they are installing fantastico on server 17. Maybe this is why it is down?!?!

http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=1439&st=15
swift535
better be ph34r.gif
Sunookitsune
I'm on server 20 (kitsunet.org) and my site is down as well.
splufdaddy
Server 8 here, and I was down too for a little bit.
Vanya
There was no known downtime recently on servers 17, 20 or any.
Maybe some outages in Internet have caused some temporary problems.
yky
I've found this on the internet, it could be due to this, read the story below

New Hacker Threat to Computer Users:

Computer users were facing a vicious double threat today as yet another new supervirus was revealed while a global gang of hackers threatened to bring down the Internet.

The new virus, called Netsky-V, is a next-generation virus that can infect computers even if the user does not open a rogue email.

Previously, viruses only hit PCs if a suspect email was opened and an attachment downloaded.

The nasty Netsky-V version can go to work wrecking computers even if the user only clicks on the subject line of the email.

Meanwhile, another gang of malevolent hackers were warning they intend to cause the Web to grind to a halt next week.

Experts monitoring the Web have detected a co-ordinated attempt to hack into the world’s most powerful supercomputers and server systems in an attempt to cause major disruption across the world.

Massive systems at America’s Stanford University, the San Diego Supercomputer Center, and the US National Center for Atmospheric Research have been targeted in recent days.

One US anti-virus expert said it was believed the computer criminals were attempting to harness the massive power of the supercomputers to bring down Web sites and email systems.

A spokesman for AOL UK said: "Computer hackers and viruses are a significant threat to all Internet users, particularly those on broadband. "Motivations range from simple virtual vandalism to serious commercial gain, so they are a threat we take very seriously. For example, AOL provides free email anti-virus scanning for all members and free firewall software for broadband users as part of its subscription to make it safer for its members when they are online."

AOL NEWS
swift535
it wasn't any sort of virus, at least not for me. i was browsing several other sites while cussing under my breath about my site being down again...

sites that were up / that i was browsing with no trouble..

www.dragva.com
www.honduh.com
www.v6performance.net
www.accordtuner.com
www.howstuffworks.com
www.hotmail.com

sites that were down....

www.6thgenaccord.com
www.vaccords.com

Maybe it would be easier if i divided it into a "hosted by / not hosted by Hostony" list
Alec
Try to ping ant traceroute the server when you can't reach your site on server 17 and provide us with this info. It will help us to find out your problem.
swift535
QUOTE(Alec @ Apr 17 2004, 05:26 AM)
Try to ping ant traceroute the server when you can't reach your site on server 17 and provide us with this info. It will help us to find out your problem.

maybe you missed the part in the other thread lol... i'm a newb
Alec
Are you on windows?
swift535
yes, XP if it matters
Alec
Click Start -> Run

ant enter:

traceroute 6thgenaccord.com > C:\traceroute.txt

This command may take much time so wait for it.

Then attach file C:\traceroute.txt to email message and send it to support@hos..ony.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here